- In veterans, even a mild case of traumatic brain injury is linked to an increased risk of dementia. Mild traumatic brain injury may sound like an oxymoron, along the lines of “jumbo shrimp” or “random order.” But a new study shows that mild TBIs can have serious consequences for military veterans by raising their risk of dementia.
- Lawmakers advance plan to increase medical marijuana research for veterans. The House Veterans’ Affairs Committee on Tuesday approved a measure to increase the VA’s research on medical marijuana.
- Motorcycle fundraiser for veterans seeks support. The sight of 200 motorcycles led by the New Castle Police Department and embarking on a ride through Lawrence County to benefit veterans made Missy Russell proud.
- Veterans’ event supports new moms. The Veteran’s Affairs Southern Nevada Healthcare System in partnership with the Elizabeth Dole Foundation hosted a baby shower on Monday, May 7, 2018, at the North Las Vegas Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
- In hot Los Angeles rental market, veterans with housing vouchers are being turned away. Any Angeleno who’s hopped online lately looking to rent a new apartment knows that the Southern California housing market is tight. There’s not a lot of inventory, and what is available costs a pretty penny. Selling yourself as a desirable tenant is part of the house-hunting dance.
DISCLOSURE NOTICE TO ALL VISITORS: All content herein is owned by author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network (VT). Some content may be satirical in nature. All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.
About VT – Full Disclosure, Fake News Policy and Legal Notice – Comment Policy