…by Jonas E. Alexis
Benjamin Netanyahu is certainly deteriorating day by day and week by week. His ability to tell the truth and to act on it is something that probably will not happen in this life. He is an actor; he lies, produces colossal hoaxes, and concocts some of the most ridiculous statements to convince much of the world.
Bibi doesn’t care whether you think he is making any sense or not; he doesn’t care whether you know he is perpetuating dumb things. He just wants you to follow his lies and spread it across the political spectrum. Virtually every serious scholar and historian knows that he is lying. He deliberately lied to Congress in 2015 at least five times. He once declared that the mufti of Jerusalem told Hitler to burn the Jews. It was a complete fabrication. Even CNN, of all places, declared:
“There’s no video or audio, not even a transcript, that can definitively prove Netanyahu’s account of the conversation between Hitler and Husseini, who as grand mufti oversaw Muslim sites in Jerusalem.”
Bibi has recently tweeted:
“If you asked most of the governments and most of the leaders in the Middle East: What is the principle barrier to peace? What is the greatest threat to our security? They would say three things: Iran, Iran, and Iran.”
This man continues to live in a fantasy world even in the teeth of evidence! And why didn’t he tell us the names of most of those leaders in the Middle East? Is he talking about terrorist state Saudi Arabia, one of his finest puppets?
No doubt that some of Netanyahu’s critics picked up on what he said and throw the ideological ball back at him. One individual tweeted that the great threat to security in the Middle is “Israel, Israel, Israel.”
As we have argued in the past, Israel, not Iran or Syria, is the greatest threat to peace and security in the Middle East. Israel has given us the debacles in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and now Syria. And Israeli historians know that is a “mad dog.” Take it again from Israeli military historian Martin van Creveld:
“We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force…. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.”
Let’s use some common sense here: Iran does not have nuclear weapons but Israel does. Which country, then, poses a threat to world peace? Well, any elementary student with an ounce of common sense will conclude that it is the country that has hundreds of nuclear warheads. Someone needs to send that guy a copy of philosopher Harry G. Frankfurt’s book.
-  See Ilan Goldenberg, “Lied’ Presentation Shows Why Trump Should Keep the Nuke Deal,” Foreign Policy, May 2, 2018.
-  Charlotte Alfred, “Did Benjamin Netanyahu Lie To Congress? 5 Fact-Checked Claims From The Speech,” Huffington Post, March 4, 2015.
-  “Netanyahu’s Hitler remarks: A blatant historical lie,” Y-Net News, October 22, 2015.
-  Greg Botelho, “Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu criticized for saying Holocaust was mufti’s idea, not Hitler’s,” CNN, October 22, 2015.
-  “Netanyahu Mocked on Twitter After Naming Iran as Three Threats to Mideast Peace,” Sputnik, May 22, 2018.
-  “The War Game,” Guardian, September 21, 2003.
-  Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2005).