…by Jonas E. Alexis
You simply cannot make this stuff up. It has been reported that “The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it carried out an operation on the night of June 28 to deliver humanitarian aid to displaced Syrians living in camps near the Golan Heights. The IDF said it delivered 300 tents, 16 tons of food, including 3 tons of children’s food, and 3 pallets loaded with medical supplies and medicine.”
Who are these people really kidding this time? Can anyone really build with his left hand while his right hand seeks to destroy? Is that really possible? Israeli officials started the Syrian war in the first place, and they made it very clear from the very beginning that Assad, as the Jerusalem Post put it, must be removed from power by any means necessary.
In other words, if Israeli officials have to support terrorists and ethnic cleansers in order to murder, assassinate or bomb Assad, then so be it. As ambassador to the US Michael Oren told the Jerusalem Post,
“The initial message about the Syrian issue was that we always wanted [President] Bashar Assad to go, we always preferred the bad guys who weren’t backed by Iran to the bad guys who were backed by Iran.”
Oren moved on to say that Israeli officials know that terrorist groups in Syria “are pretty bad guys,” but Israel supports them anyway because they are trying to get rid of Assad.
So is Israel really concerned about civilians in Syria? Of course not! If they really care, what about the concentration camp in Gaza? Doesn’t Israeli historian Ilan Pappe call the occupied territories “the biggest prison on earth”? Hasn’t Jewish scholar Norman Finkelstein historically exposed the Israeli machination in the region?
Moreover, if the Israelis really care, why don’t they open their borders to those Syrian civilians? The IDF Spokesperson’s Unit put out a statement saying,
“The IDF is monitoring the events in southern Syria and is preparing for a variety of scenarios, including continued humanitarian assistance to fleeing Syrians. We will not allow passage of Syrians fleeing the country and will continue to defend Israel’s security interests.”
Can Israeli officials balance that equation for us? They want to “help” the Syrian civilians, but they don’t want to take a single one of them to Israel? Not only that, Israeli officials do not want to stop bombing Syria. If that is not the zenith of stupidity, what is?
-  “’Israel wanted Assad gone since start of Syria civil war,’” Jerusalem Post, September 17, 2013.
-  Ibid.
-  Ibid.
-  For scholarly studies on similar issues, see Sara Roy, Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza: Engaging the Islamist Social Sector (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2011).
-  Ilan Pappe, The Biggest Prison on Earth: A History of the Occupied Territories (Oxford: One World, 2017).
-  Norman Finkelstein, Gaza: An Inquest into Its Martyrdom (Oakland: University of California Press, 2018).
-  Anna Ahronheim, “IDF: Israel will not open borders to Syrians, humanitarian aid to continue,” Jerusalem Post, June 29, 2018.