When we talk about technology, it encompasses several factors such as skills, process, methods and the most important thing is scientific investigations. No doubt when we say technology is a boon, it comes on point as it has impacted our lives and in a positive way.
We no longer need to visit a bank to withdraw or transfer money; we do not need to stand in that long queue to get our tickets booked. These works can be easily accomplished with a click of button and apps. In the same way, technology has its influence on the health sector.
When we talk about the effect of technology on our health, there are so many positive points that can be filtered out. Of course, there are some glitches but that can be easily tackled.
Here is a list of some improvement on health due to technology:
- Smart watch/ Wearable device: Much trending, wearable device and a product of evolving technology. The band helps in checking our daily activities with the use of sensors attached. All you need to do is wear it on your wrist.
The device is wireless-enabled and can be carried like a wristwatch. It evaluates and shows the details of steps you walked, heart rate, quality of sleep, calories lost and gained and other important metrics that are required in maintaining physical fitness.
- Ticker: This one is again a wristband but it is designed to track changes in the heart and the related changes. The invention has stepped up the level of heart monitoring and made the task simple.
The device belongs to the medical grade heart monitoring system. It decreases the mortality rate whose main cause is stroke as it can have the electrocardiogram technology (ECG). Shortness of breath, palpitations and other related concerns can easily be tracked, and these factors contribute to the risk of stroke.
The device has been proved to pick up the even slightest change in the functioning of the heart. This makes it an essential and portable device for people who are at risk of heart attack or have any heart-related diseases.
- Digital Body Analyzer: The device is basically a weighing machine and helps in measuring the body weight. But, the function is just not limited to weighing the overall weight, the device is designed to check the heart rate, body fat, muscle mass, water percentage, bone mass and the essentials to compare the vitals of your body over the time.
The device comes with the ability to measure body composition, body mass index (BMI) and body weight (which include bone mass, body weight, muscle mass and water mass) accurately. The product manufactured by some brands also allows users to set goals and reminders as well to achieve goals.
These smart scales can be shared by people and differentiate the measurements also.
- Book doctor online: This is the era of internet and for every minor and major facility, we have got an app. There are various or say almost every service that can be availed easily by visiting the app. Among all these services, health consultation is one of the services that is a blessing for the human race.
Now, an individual does not need to go and wait in the hospital or clinic to book an appointment with a doctor. Ongoing allergy or few symptoms can be easily discussed and medicine or remedy could find out.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning: These are the latest innovation in the field of medicine. The evolution has helped a lot in early diagnosis of the diseases and appropriate treatment. Also, the quality of treatment has enhanced and reached a remote location which was not possible earlier.
Machine learning has also helped in the field of medicine studies as well. Now a medical student does not need to travel a long distance to learn a complicated surgery from the eminent surgeon. This can be done easily with the help of online classes or video conference while the procedure is on.
The organization and segregation of data of patients and their respective health records save the time and can help in their instant treatment. The health record is enough to understand the health conditions or possibilities of the conditions that may occur.
Hence, the contribution of artificial and machine learning has improved health by predicting the health conditions which may occur in the future. Also, precautions can be followed in according to that.
Impact of technology on our health can be both good and bad; and it depends on how we are using it. Sometimes, it may appear time-consuming and getting into way of healthy lifestyle. However, it can be proved beneficial in other sense as there are various fitness apps and tips available handy.