I completed the first half of this article a few of weeks ago sharing the oath every elected legislator and senator takes when assuming his/her elected position. I believe it is unfortunate that they just mouth the words and never think about the solemn oath they take. Why? I don’t know. Many of them have law degrees and should understand that words have meaning. They all can’t be totally ignorant or liars in the manner in which they represent their constituency can they?
The older I get the more baffled I become, yet in spite of their conduct, the preponderance of those in congress get re-elected every election regardless of the fact that the public only gives congress an approval rating of 21%. This ranks them near the bottom of the cesspool along with: TV reporters (23%), lawyers (18%), business executives (16%), and lobbyists (8%). For all the banter, the threats by the Democrats to impeach the president, and the bogus frame-up that Trump worked with the Russian to win the 2016 elections, isn’t it odd that the approval rating of Congress is far below the public’s approval rating of Donald Trump (45±5%) according to Rasmussen. Actually Trump’s numbers are 5% higher than Obama at the same period in their terms.
This confirms my opinion that regardless of the facts and verifiable evidence (not conjecture and innuendo), Congress just will not listen to the people and get back to their jobs as legislators. My one thought on these dismal numbers is that the way the Legislators keeps seeing their approval numbers drop, how long do you suppose it will take for Congress’s rating to fall below those on the very bottom of approval charts such as bank robbers, murders and pedophiles?
It is hard for a thinking person to forget that Congress enacted the Congressional Accountability Act , which is a secret settlement account they set up for themselves to buy-off allegations by government employees over sexual harassment and other employee abuses such as over-time pay disputes and violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Records show that the amount of taxpayer money used to bury such claims has amounted to $17,000,000. But this doesn’t tell the whole story as many members, such a John Conyers (D-Michigan) paid $27,000 out of his federally funded office budget to settle a harassment claim pressed by a staff member. The arrogance of these elite bozos is To file a complaint, employees must go through a 90-day “mandatory dispute resolution process,” the first step of which is counseling — for the accuser. Yes, you read that correctly. The alleged harasser isn’t forced to get counseling. The victim is. We the taxpayers are pure and simple “suckers” for these kinds of shenanigans by our “elected leaders”.
Certainly neither major political party is without sin. My personal beliefs leads me to believe however, that the Democrat Party, following the attempted lynching of Justice Brett Kavanaugh and the post-election efforts to stuff the ballot boxes in several states to steal the House elections, shows to what depths the Democrat Party will employ to keep its iron grip on power and is about as un-American, un-trustworthy, and disgusting as their history of racial bigotry and dishonesty.
That brings us around to the Democrat Party and the issue of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act commonly called the RICO Act. As an opening salvo across the bow of the Democrat Ship of Fools according to Government Accountability Institute (GAI) research director Eric Eggers, Florida Democrats should be investigated under the RICO Act according to a fraud expert interviewed. Florida Democrats sent “Cure Affidavits” to people who had improper absentee ballots. The affidavits were altered to place an incorrect date on them. They were sent out the day AFTER the election.
However, to violate RICO, a person or organization must engage in a pattern of racketeering activity connected to an enterprise. The law defines 35 offenses as constituting racketeering, including gambling, murder, kidnapping, arson, drug dealing, bribery. Significantly, mail and wire fraud are included on the list. These crimes are known as “predicate” offenses. To charge under RICO, at least two predicate crimes within 10 years must have been committed through the enterprise. So . . . just the reprehensible violation of vote tampering (election fraud), won’t qualify the Democrats of racketeering, so below is a list of collective offenses that would gag a maggot and certainly enough fodder for the RICO statute to be used against the Democrat Party as a whole!
While I contend the National Democrat Party has committed enough criminal violations to qualify for prosecution under the RICO Act, the Florida branch of the Democrat Party is an example, however most readers of this column can certainly remember instances in their own states as well that meet one of the two offenses over a 10-year period that fall under RICO. On the face of it, the Democrats thought they could get away the “Cure Affidavit scheme” and that they’d find a sympathetic judge to rule in their favor. Because they used the U.S. Mail, that stupid maneuver opened them up to the “criminal enterprise” provision, the first of the 2 violations required to allow them to be prosecuted under RICO.
Yes, to answer your questions, political parties can be subject to the RICO law when they are working to create an “enterprise.” Since the Party has been corrupt since 1865 with the KKK and the Jim Crow laws, if someone doesn’t see the pattern of racketeering, they should probably contact someone from the Helen Keller Institute for the Blind. The law has a statute of limitations of 4 years, so the Dems can’t be held accountable for all the thousands of violations since 1865, but there is definitely a pattern that had been un-ending.
The RICO statute includes mail and wire fraud, and is the same law used to charge Mafia members. For purposes of the statute, the requisite mailing can be done through the postal service or a private carrier, and the requisite wire communications include radio transmissions, telephone calls and e-mails. Significantly, the requisite mailing or wiring need not itself contain any fraudulent information and may be entirely innocent, but nothing the Democrats do is “innocent”. It is always deliberate, and either covered up or blatantly supported by the corrupt media.
According to U.S. Code, Title 18 Part I, Chapter 63, Section 1343, “Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both”.
As pointed out, the Florida “Cure Affidavit scheme” was the “opening salvo” into the racketeering allegations against the Democrat Party, but let’s just take a walk around the park of Democrat activity that begs to ask the question of “Why hasn’t the Justice Department made a concerted effort to investigate the below activities and seek indictments to bring all the these law breakers together for violations of the Racketeer Influences and Corrupt Organization Act”?
Embezzlement from pension, welfare funds (take your choice)
- The Clinton Foundation – Wall Street financial analyst and investor Charles Ortel, shared the results of his six-month, in-depth investigation into what he characterizes as an elaborate scheme devised by the Clintons to enrich themselves. Mr. Ortel claims the Clintons have defrauded an unsuspecting international public of hundreds of millions of dollars for personal gain. A true audit of the Clinton Foundation is the only way to determine where the Foundation’s money has been spent. Charitable rating companies speak of questionable expenses including salaries and travel. According to the American Thinker only ten percent of the $252 million raised from 2011 to 2013 went to charitable grants.
- Barack Obama and now Hillary Clinton previously entered into a joint venture agreement with 1Malaysian Development Berhad (1MDB) a Malaysian sovereign wealth fund accused of embezzling more than $3 billion dollars internationally. The Department of Justice is investigating high-level officials at 1MDB and their associates for misappropriating $3.5 billion in funds between 2009 and 2015, according to a July press release. The U.S. government is seeking to recover $1 billion that was laundered through the United States and connected to the scandal.
- Fraud committed by the Democrat Party in, of all places, Illinois: Democrat Pat Quinn, begged the voters of Illinois for an increase in the Illinois income tax. At the time it was at 3% and he said Illinois needed to increase its relatively low income tax in order to help, as you may have guessed, school children and those on Medicaid. The Illinois Policy Institute found that Governor Quinn not only lied, but also misappropriated of funds. Today ninety percent of that 2% income tax increase goes to pay for public pensions in Illinois, including the pension of Governor Quinn, who is scheduled to receive $3.5 million in his opulent retirement benefit, paid for by Illinois taxpayers.
Obstruction of justice
- Does the Arizona airport tarmac ring a bell? To refresh your memory about a “chance meeting” between AG Loretta Lynch and Bill Clinton to discuss his golf game and their grandchildren (wink, wink), the Department of Justice simply looked the other way over this more-than-obvious obstruction of justice case . Comey later said Lynch ordered him not to refer to the criminal probe of Clinton’s handling of classified emails as an “investigation” but rather as a “matter.” This led to Comey’s infamous statement that “no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case against Clinton”, when in fact most prosecutors have called that statement nonsense once details of Clinton’s actions became known.
- Then there’s the video of Debbie Wasserman Schultz threatening the Chief of the U.S. Capitol Police, Matthew R. Verderosa, for doing his job in gathering evidence against her Information Technology (IT) employee and personal friend, Imran Awan. The suspected criminal activity involved stealing a wide range of computer equipment and data, massive cybersecurity breaches, accessing congressional computers without permission of members of Congress, and funneling sensitive congressional data offsite — all serious felonies, and for what criminal purpose or scheme, one can only imagine.
- Besides lying about the use of a private e-mail server being used to conduct official U.S. State Department business and not turning over specific emails ordered by the Justice Department, a Hillary Clinton aide then destroyed some of the former Secretary of State’s used mobile devices with hammers, affirming information contained in the FBI’s investigation of Clinton’s private email server in an effort to obstruct justice. The whole gang of racketeers are in bed together on obstruction, tampering with evidence, and a fraud on the American people.
Dubious Money laundering and financial transactions
- According to a Politico report by Kenneth Vogel and Isaac Arnsdorf on July 26, 2016, leaked emails showing officials tried to obscure the fact that Clinton allowed state party affiliates to keep only a tiny fraction of proceeds from joint fundraising. State parties kept less than one half of one percent of the $82 million raised through the arrangement — validating concerns raised by campaign finance watchdogs, that state party allies of Hillary, put the screws to Bernie Sanders supporters. Clinton’s allies responded by arguing that the fund was raising big money to boost “down-ballot Democratic candidates” by helping the 40 state parties that were supposed to be participating in the fund, but the meager .05% they received from the donations is hardly worthy of being call “participating in the fund”; one could probably call this raising money under false pretenses.
- The president of the Jefferson County Commission and head of its department of finance and general services from November 2002 until about November 2006, Larry Langford, who was actually indicted while serving as the Mayor of Birmingham, AL, put his personal affairs ahead of those of the county and the state. U.S. Attorney Alice Martin said Langford was convicted on charges including conspiracy, bribery, fraud, money laundering and filing false income tax returns. Langford steered lucrative business to William Blount and his company while he in turn, earned in excess of $7.1 million. Together with the help of lobbyist Albert LaPierre, the corrupt business practices of Langford and Company ensured that Langford’s crushing personal debts (loans, store charge accounts, purchases of clothing and jewelry and other items of value that exceeded $230,000) were paid off through these illegal activities
Witness tampering and illegal fundraising, and bribery
- Sant Singh Chatwal, a hotel executive and Democrat fundraiser pleaded guilty in New York to witness tampering and conspiracy to evade campaign finance laws. Chatwal is the chairman of Hampshire Hotels which have hotels world-wide. He plead guilty of donating $180,000 to three Democrat candidates via three in-name-only donors, who were then reimbursed by Chatwal. He also raise $100,000 for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 presidential run against Obama.
- A federal grand jury handed state Sen. Carlos Uresti, D-San Antonio, two indictments, one for his involvement in a now-bankrupt company accused of misleading investors and another for alleged bribery surrounding a government contract. Uresti was then convicted and sentenced to 12 years in prison for misleading a former client who invested in a company in which Uresti held a financial stake, and was found guilty of an investment Ponzi scheme, and a separate conviction for bribery surrounding a government contract.
Violation of Immigration and Nationality Act, section 274
Acts which are indictable under the Immigration and Nationality Act relating to bringing in and harboring certain aliens – section 277 (relating to aiding or assisting certain aliens to enter the United States), or section 278 (relating to importation of aliens for immoral purposes) if the act(s) were committed for the purpose of financial gain. The Democrat Party, with their long list of “Sanctuary Cities and States” (entities under the control of the Democrat Party cabal) are in direct violation of the very laws the elected politicians swore to uphold.
Additionally, when U.S. cities and even entire states declare themselves to be “sanctuaries” for illegal aliens, they act outside the law, and by their actions should be charged with a felony for each violation. When the federal government fails to arrest state officials who knowingly and willfully defy our immigration laws, they are proving the point conservatives have been making that there is no longer true just in America. The Democrats have made a mockery out of it. When cities and states act by concealing, harboring, or sheltering illegal aliens, they are in violation of U.S. Code, sections 1324 and section 1325; Immigration and Naturalization Act sections 274 and 275).
Sanctuary cities and states demonstrate a complete contempt for the laws of the United States, a contempt that threatens to undermine our country by encouraging those who have little to contribute to the economic well-being of our country, do not speak our language, and are only seeking residency to suck as many benefits as they can from our social services, which were designed for taxpaying American citizens who need a temporary helping hand in tough times.
The Democrats behind this insidious plot to destroy our country in direct and flagrant abuse of the U.S. Constitution and the laws that were legally passed by our legislative bodies encourage anarchy and should not be allowed under any circumstance. The very notion that that this illegal alien cancer has been allowed to exist, not only interferes with the nation’s immigration policies but also places American citizens and law enforcement personnel at risk from the crime and negative health issues that accompany those who have not been properly vetted according to the Immigration and Naturalization requirements those who came here legally had to undergo. Since our immigration laws are not optional those who have sworn to uphold the duties of their office, need to be investigated and prosecuted.
The RICO Act was written into law to prevent the kinds of racketeering and corruption being perpetrated on the taxpaying citizens of the United States, and certainly, as the above instances point out, the country will not survive as the respected and prosperous leader of the free world, if we the people do not demand accountability.
Following his service in the Marine Corps, Ed built a diverse career in business in both sales/marketing and management. He is a medical research specialist (biological response modifiers) and has published numerous books. His latest books are Concept of America and soon-to-be released, Blessed are the Heroes. Ed is past Development Director of the National Guard Bureau of International Affairs-State Partnership Program, and Fundraising Coordinator for the Warrior2Citizen Project. Mr. Mattson is a noted speaker and has addressed more than 3000 audiences in 42 states and 5 foreign countries. He has been awarded the Order of the Sword by American Cancer Society, is a Rotarian Paul Harris Fellow and appeared on more than 15 radio and television talk-shows. His non-fiction books range from what it means to be an American, to his best selling book on cancer research, Say NO to the Undertaker, published by Author House.
ATTENTION READERSWe See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy
According to USG stats, since 1973, in America, there have been 50, 000,000 abortions.
Comments are closed.