You probably have heard the stories of how active duty military and veterans are struggling sometimes to make ends meet. The family serves as well, spending a lot of time trying to survive while their loved one is deployed.
Veterans of all branches of service leave their home and loved to protect other Americans and their families. They deserve to be thanked in any way possible. American Insurance, along with other industries such as car rentals, restaurants, and other business have come to understand this and often rewards them with discounts. They deserve so much more! So, here are few companies which offer military discounts, along with some tips that maybe useful.
Tips for Looking for Car Insurance for Veterans
Ask Family Members and Friends
Have you kept in touch with your squad buddies? Some of them may have suggestions or recommendations to help. They may have a favorite company or know where to get the best rates.
Don’t go it Alone
Looking for insurance quotes online can be confusing. There is a lot information out there, and it is always better to have more than one set of eyes looking to make sense of it all. In some cases, retired, active duty military will be able to get the same lower cost insurance that other veterans get.
Have your information at Hand
Because it is military insurance there are questions regarding your military records and service. Also know things about your driving record, like accidents or speeding tickets in the last 3 years. Lapsed insurance, whether in country or not, can also affect your rates and can cost you more.
Upgrade your Vehicle.
Consider adding airbags if your car doesn’t already have them. If you are looking at a new vehicle, make sure that is has safety features which can help keep your premiums low.
While it may be a hassle, try to get as many quotes as possible. Then compare the quotes from different companies to find the rates that will fit your budget and your needs.
The Top 5 Car Insurance Companies for Veterans
- USAA was formed in the 1920’s. Created by veterans for veterans, the USAA is now ranked the number 1 company for military. Veterans, active military and their families can save over 85% off insurance which translates to approximately $100.00 a year.
- Geico is one of the best-known insurance companies in the United States. The company offers a 15% discount on rates. Geico has a dedicated team of former military to assist veterans and military members with finding the right insurance for their needs.
- Armed Forces Insurance is a car insurance company much like USAA. Partnered with Progressive, another online company, their range is broader across the US.
- Esurance makes it easy for military members and veterans to obtain car insurance faster than some other companies. Applying over the phone or on line makes the whole process quicker and less time consuming. They also do not charge a cancellation fee if the insured is deployed overseas and needs to cancel their insurance.
- Arebella is a lesser known independent car insurance company which only serves those who live in two northern states in the United states. If you are sent on active status from either of these states, and keep your car garaged there, you will be given a 10% discount on your premiums.
In this article, we have covered a lot of information. We began by giving you tips on how to search for car insurance for veterans. There are several options there, from online searches to brick and mortar agencies. We also gave tips about what to look for in coverage and even some tips that can help to lower your rates if you are looking to insure a vehicle you already own.
We also discussed what to look for in a new vehicle, such as safety features which reduce your premiums.
Finally, we looked at five American Insurance companies can offer discounts and other services to American military, whether active or retired. All of these do have an online presence that you can access from any computer. Some of the companies were actually founded by veterans that knows just how difficult it is to be deployed and to still have insurance coverage.
Other companies have dedicated teams of veterans who also know all too well the difficulties which come with military life than the average man on the street. Take advantage of these services and discounts. If you are military, you deserve it.