If you have already told us that our son needs glasses, the most normal thing is that we have some doubts. How should glasses be? Not all are the same. And not only changes the mount, but there are also different types of crystals with very varied characteristics.
For example, there are more or less resistant frames, of different materials, and crystals with the ability to eliminate reflections, to prevent fogging. Here are some tips for choosing your child’s glasses from GlassesShop.com.
How should the frame of the child’s glasses be?
Before choosing the frame of the glasses, we must bear in mind:
– That they have the appropriate size for the face of the child. They should not be too small or too big. The frame must have the right size that does not exceed the eyebrow or rest on the cheekbones, nor should they leave marks on the temple. You should also take into account the size of the eyes and the distance between them.
– In general, pasta glasses are usually recommended, because the material is more resistant and gives the child more freedom. In the case of babies or very young children, we recommend the use of silicone frames, a lightweight and very flexible material that holds torsions and fits well with the features of the smallest. For older children, or even for those who suffer from allergies to metals such as nickel, it is appropriate to use materials such as titanium, very light, resistant and hypoallergenic.
– The rims of the saddle must have a suitable length so that they do not remain too big or too short when we adapt them to the ear. Nor should press the temple, or leave a mark, or wounds behind the ear. To avoid this, they must reach the earlobe and it is recommended that they have soft terminals. Also, it would be convenient for the rods to carry a flexible system so that they resist the possible bumps or pulls of the glasses without damaging it.
– That the bridge of the saddle rests well on the child’s nose. If we achieve that the mount sits well in the nose, the weight of it will be distributed better and will not leave marks.
– If the child performs some type of sporting activity, we should choose a sports line frame according to the activity that he is going to carry out and that he only uses for these moments (sports with ball or ball, contact sports like judo or karate, swimming, etc.
How to choose glasses of children’s glasses
– It is essential that they are organic lenses and, within them, polycarbonate or a more reduced material, since polycarbonate is a material much more resistant to breakage than normal organic lenses.
– If the child’s grade is high, we recommend choosing a lens as small as possible, not only for aesthetics but also for weight, image distortions (the thicker the lens, the more distortions it generates and the worse the image quality).
– That the lens covers the entire eye well to allow, look where you look, do it through it. To do this, the lenses must be well adjusted and centered, so that the optical center coincides with the center of the child’s pupil since if this center does not exist, the image quality will be lost (it gets worse by up to 40%).
– That the lenses have anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatments. On the one hand, organic lenses have less resistance to scratching, so, especially in the case of children, it is important to wear this surface treatment that provides greater resistance to scratches. On the other hand, by putting a lens in front of the eye, brightness is generated due to the reflection of light (both artificial and natural) in the lens.