The natural referencing of a website will allow you to generate traffic on your site. Indeed, the interest of a website is that it is seen by the maximum of Internet users!
For this, SEO is a very important step to take into account. This will determine among other things your ranking on the search engines. It is, therefore, best to avoid mistakes and put your SEO strategy in place quickly from the creation of a website to optimize the organic traffic of this one. However, if you find some hard problems, it’s better to get help from professional services like Just SEO.
Here are 4 SEO mistakes to avoid when creating your website!
- Do not consider keywordsThe keyword is what the user does when searching on the search engines. The search engine must understand that your site responds to the request of the user and that it is the best answer possible. You need a precise and relevant keyword. For this, the best is to put yourself in the place of your target. Using less competitive keywords as part of the long tail is a relevant strategy to consider.
– You understand that the keywords are imperative to remember.
– All your content must be linked by themes and keywords.
– Do not structure your code, do not rewrite your URL and do not name your images.
A coherence in its HTML structure is essential. The article should, therefore, consist of a title, its content, and subtitles. For this purpose each article must be composed of one h1 for its title then small paragraphs separated by subtitles, h2, h3.
Rewriting the URL allows you to be better positioned on the search engine result page by placing keywords. This will also make it easier to read a URL for visitors. Properly naming your images and populating the alt tag will also increase your visibility on the search engines.
- Neglecting the content, the title of your page and the meta descriptionLike keywords, there must be relevance between the search for the user and the relevance of the search result. It is essential to have quality content, the subject should be framed and it will be important to do a semantic search of your content to increase the relevance of your comments.
The title of your page will have to appear the keyword and indicate to the search engines the subject of your page. In addition to being effective for SEO, the title must stir the interest and curiosity of the user. The meta description is the small summary of your article that will appear on the search engines (160 characters maximum).
3. Do not make external links and internal meshes
Installing quality external links will boost your visibility on search engines. However, it is not the quantity of the links but the quality of the links that will be taken into account. Establishing internal links is also a good technique to adopt. The navigation path will be shortened for the user and for Google’s robots. And the user will be more likely to stay longer on your site.
4. Do not take into account the speed of your site
The loading speed is taken into account by the search engines. Google incorporates the loading speed of a site’s pages into its ranking algorithm. It should, therefore, among other things, be careful to properly compress your images, to set up a cache system, to choose the host best suited to your needs. In order not to be penalized by Google, you must also have a responsive design site (adapted to mobiles and tablets). Indeed, this criterion is taken into account in the “ranking” algorithm as well.
If you need help, you can always use a Web Site Builder. This will help you by avoiding the 4 mistakes above you can prevent yourself from falling into unproductive efforts.