Earlier, a lawyer representing the families of four German nationals killed in the MH17 plane crash disaster in eastern Ukraine in 2014 said he would invite the private detective to testify as a witness in a case related to the incident in the European Court of Human Rights.

German private detective Josef Resch has appealed to Dutch prosecutors with his evidence regarding the MH17 plane crash for a second time after being rejected last month, his lawyer has indicated.

“My client has proposed to you to disclose the materials directly to the Joint Investigative Team, the Dutch prosecutor’s office, or any country affected by or involved [with the case], but only on the condition that public disclosure is guaranteed with the involvement of international media and the relevant states,” the open letter, sent to investigators on Friday, notes.

“Additionally, Mr. Resch also notes that his informant knows about this procedure, agrees to it and is not afraid for his/her safety. However, Mr. Resch also took note of the fact that you had rejected this procedure. He is surprised, but must accept this fact…There is no possibility of making a statement without public participation. Therefore, my client will consider other transparent methods of action and clarification, and will inform you and the public about this,” the letter adds.

Late last month, Resch, who has been independently investigating the MH17 disaster since 2014 at the behest of an unnamed client, attempted to submit potentially groundbreaking new material on the case to the Dutch-led Joint Investigative Team (JIT), but was rejected after he asked to make the information public.

In mid-2015, an unnamed informant turned to the detective, allegedly providing him with important insider information.

According to the investigator, his findings included audio recordings about local air traffic on 17 July 2014, the day that the Amsterdam to  Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Airlines flight was shot down over an area of eastern Ukraine mired in civil war. His other findings reportedly included recordings of communications between Ukrainian servicemen on that day, information related to Russian President Vladimir Putin’s flight from Brazil to Moscow, personal recordings of pilots about the incident, US satellite data, and records previously thought destroyed containing the notes of unnamed high-ranking officers and politicians, intelligence agents, and “extra documents” whose contents he said he could not discuss out of concern for his safety.

None of this information was included in JIT’s presentation in June, when the investigators reiterated their earlier claims that the plane was shot down ‘by a Russian-made Buk missile’ and named three alleged militia-linked Russian nationals and one Ukrainian national as suspects.

A Ukrainian Buk-M1 anti-aircraft missile system.
A Ukrainian Buk-M1 anti-aircraft missile system.

Resch had earlier reported receiving multiple anonymous threats in connection with his investigation. Furthermore, authorities carried out a search of his apartment, and opened his bank box in a Swiss bank at the request of Dutch authorities, where unnamed documents connected to the case were said to be found. Resch said he was also interrogated by the Federal Criminal Police Office in Cologne over the probe in 2016.

Going Public

The investigator recently told Sputnik that he may turn to Malaysia, Russia and other countries to publicly disclose his information about the MH17 case and name the individuals he believes are responsible if Dutch prosecutors continue to ignore his request to look at his findings. “Together with my lawyer, I will send one more letter to the JIT; this will be distributed internationally, and we are going to look at the reaction,” he said last week.


Also last week, a lawyer representing the interests of families of four German nationals killed in the MH17 crash said he had invited Mr. Resch to participate in a possible European Court of Human Rights hearing on the case as a witness. The ECHR was said to be considering the case at the moment, which had not been heard in a German national court.

298 Reasons for an Objective Probe

All 298 passengers and crew aboard Flight MH17, most of them Dutch nationals, were killed when it was shot down in eastern Ukraine in 2014. Kiev and authorities from the fledgling self-proclaimed Donbass republics immediately began blaming one another for the incident, while the US and several European powers rushed to also blame neighbouring Russia, before an official investigation was launched, accusing it of providing material support for the militia.

Despite the allegations of Russian involvement, the Netherlands’-led JIT probe into the case did not allow Russia to join it despite Moscow’s repeated offers to help. Following an investigation lasting several years, JIT concluded that the plane had been shot down by a Russian-made Buk missile from a launcher belonging to an anti-aircraft brigade ordinarily based in Kursk, near the Ukrainian border.

Netherlands announce preliminary investigation results of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 crash
© SPUTNIK / VITALIY BELOUSOV
Netherlands announce preliminary investigation results of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 crash

JIT did not share concrete evidence to corroborate these claims, with Russia starting its own investigation, involving extensive studies of forensic evidence, experiments by Buk’s manufacturer, and the declassification of previously secret information about advanced military hardware, to determine who shot the plane down. Russia concluded that MH17 was destroyed by an older version of the Buk manufactured in 1986 and fielded by Ukraine. Russia, investigators said, had phased out its stocks of this particular missile during military modernisation efforts.

As far as JIT’s conclusions are concerned, Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that Moscow could only recognise the results of a probe it was allowed to participate. Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, meanwhile, has said that he was “very unhappy” about the probe’s results, describing it as a politicised anti-Russian witch hunt.


EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE
All content herein is owned by author exclusively.  Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network (VT).  Some content may be satirical in nature. 
All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.
About VT - Read Full Policy Notice - Comment Policy

Previous article42% of American Workers Can’t Afford Any Type of Vacation
Next articleDocumentary Shows Hezbollah Missile Attack (2006) on Israeli Ship
Author Details
Sputnik is news agency with newsfeeds, websites, social networks, mobile apps, radio broadcasts and multimedia press centers. Their HQ is located in Moscow Russia. They have regional offices located in key regions and countries around the world including the United States (Washington, DC), China (Beijing), France (Paris), Germany (Berlin), Egypt (Cairo) and the UK (London and Edinburgh). The agency covers global political and economic news targeting an international audience.

The Sputnik brand was launched on November 10, 2014, by the Russian media group Rossiya Segodnya. Today, the editorial staff of Sputnik works in more than 30 languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Chinese, etc. Sputnik International's predecessors are the state-run news agency RIA Novosti and the Voice of Russia radio service, which were disbanded in 2013.

Sputnik Official Web Site

*All posts on behalf of Sputnik News are made by Gordon Duff and Jim W. Dean

3 COMMENTS

  1. we arrived in a world where in front of evidence starts killing murdering and deceiving all the people. There are many evidences of Ucronaziland involvement in acts of war versus civilian people. Nato and americans are desperate because they are losing ground, and despite mercenaries, proxi allies and massive use of terrorism and strategy of tension they are losing many of the wars they started. Yemen is defending with very effective weapons disrupting EAU airports, and Saudi infrastructures in answer to terrorist bombing of that alliance of evil (backed by Usa and UK), Syria everyday is more near to the reinstate of his sovereign nation in front of american crimes, Afghanistan in a near future will be cleaned of western drug and resources related war, americans are losing everyday an ally for his shameful criminal behavior.
    Then we must look to positive news, americans are really bankrupt and their internal situation is very bad (why anyone media don’t speak of the incoming civil war that will start soon in Usa?). Dollar very very soon will lose his status of reference currency for evident bankrupcy and very soon american sanctions will have any importance or threat to anyone, Usa is on verge of economic implosion, wall street finally will fall definitively leaving finally free whole world to pursue peace and prosperity

  2. @ Cymrocyffredin
    WW3 has already started – we are at the preliminary stage with the use of E.W. (Electronic Weapons), Open support and sponsorship of terrorists (in actual fact Mercenaries) claiming they are Freedom Fighters; Maidan was a NATO led campaign and has already resulted in the deaths of hundreds (maybe thousands) of European and Five Eyes soldiers fighting in Ukraine, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and other countries (nearly all of which are ‘Russia Positive’ in their outlook and economics) – and we have the open use of Sanctions, Piracy, Embargoes and the Wholesale Use of Western MSM (MainStream Media) spreading lies and fabrications as part of a HateSpeech Campaign designed to Denigrate, Dehumanise and Demonise the Enemy (all all cases this is Russia and her Russia Centric sphere of influence.) Make no mistake – World War Three has STARTED – we just haven’t been ‘told’ yet.

  3. How close to WW3 did the MH17 saga take us?
    Too close for comfort I would say.
    This new and undisclosed data has to be made public and has to be examined in an unbiased manner.
    Thank Goodness somebody has the courage to do this research.