…from Press TV, Tehran

[ Editor’s Note: This morning finds Yemen wanting full credit for the ARAMCO attacks, insisting that US radars in Saudi Arabia cannot stop their drones. The other side of the story by late last night found the US trying to pin it on Iranian militias in Iraq, claiming a N by NW incoming flight route.

As usual, no independently certified evidence is presented to support this – something that is becoming routine operating procedure and a dangerous one. Iraq stepped in saying it would not allow such attacks to be conducted from its territory.

A quick review of the US Patriot batteries in the region last night, looking for where its radars should have tracked missile paths if the claims from being fired from Iraq are true, did not reveal a specific location; but I found lots of reports that the Patriot system has a huge failure rate.

As for the Houthi missiles, when approaching near the target, the war head separates and the resulting debris of falling missiles has always been claimed as a Patriot hit. With full military censorship, the Saudis have no problem hiding the truth. Their drones do not do this, being suicide drones.

The Houthis were brash enough this morning to threaten Saudi Arabia that its attacks would continue until it stopped its attacks and lifted the Yemen blockade.

We will be tracking this story carefully, as in my recent NEO posting yesterday, I had posed that we were one event away from a major shooting war in the Mideast; with the usual bad actors looking to benefit. I will let you guess who they areJim W. Dean ]

Jim's Editor’s Notes are solely crowdfunded via PayPal
Jim's work includes research, field trips, Heritage TV Legacy archiving & more. Thanks for helping. Click to donate >>

Yemen is proud of its missiles
Loading...

– First published … September 16, 2019

Yemen’s military has warned foreigners in Saudi Arabia to leave Aramco’s oil processing plants, saying they are still a target and can be attacked “at any moment.”

The warning came after Houthis and their allies in the Yemeni army deployed as many as 10 drones to bomb Abqaiq and Khurais oil facilities run by the Saudi state-owned oil company before dawn Saturday.

Spokesman for the Yemeni armed forces, General Yahya Sare’a, said in a tweet Monday that the attacks in the kingdom’s eastern region had been carried out by drones with normal and jet engines.

He said Saudi Arabia should stop its “aggression and blockade on Yemen,” or see the Yemeni army hit the kingdom “anywhere and anytime” it chooses.

Other Yemeni officials dismissed claims that the country is incapable of carrying out on its own the kind of attacks that targeted two plants at the heart of Saudi Arabia’s oil industry.

Mohammed al-Bukhaiti, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council, pledged that Yemeni forces will continue to pound the Saudi oil industry until the kingdom ends its deadly war.

The unprecedented attack knocked out more than half of Saudi crude output, or 5% of global supply, prompting Saudi and US officials to claim without any evidence that it probably originated from Iraq or Iran.

Bukhaiti told Iran’s Tasnim news agency that blaming the attacks on other countries shows “cowardice” in facing up to the reality of Yemen’s military power.

“Saudi Arabia declared war against Yemen on the grounds that our missile inventory posed a threat to its security,” he said. “Today, we are surprised to see that when we hit Saudi oil wells, they exonerate Yemen from conducting these strikes and accuse others of doing them.”

“This is viewed as an own criminal decree of conviction. It also shows their cowardice,” Bukhaiti added. 

US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo was quick to blame Iran for the brazen attacks, claiming there was no evidence the drones had originated from Yemen.

Bukhaiti mocked the proposition, saying Washington resorted to such rhetoric to hide the fact that their radars were simply incapable of tracking Yemeni drones.

“America and Saudi Arabia’s radars cannot intercept Yemeni aircraft. If they could intercept them, they would have shot them down,” he argued.

PressTV-Saudi oil output halved after Yemeni raids; US blames Iran

Bukhiati said the fact that Pompeo did not produce evidence to substantiate his claim showed they were “bankrupt” both politically and militarily.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi dismissed Pompeo’s allegations as “blind and fruitless remarks” that were “meaningless” in a diplomatic context.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also responded to Pompeo, saying the United States had failed in its campaign of “maximum pressure” and was now “turning to ‘max deceit’.”

Bukhiati made it clear that the Houthis would only stop attacking Saudi Arabia once it abandons “serving US interests” and starts respecting the interests of its own people.

“Ending the war now is no longer a shared interest of Yemen and Saudi Arabia. Rather, it benefits Saudis more than it does Yemen because Yemen doesn’t have much to lose,” he said. “Yet we are witnessing Saudi Arabia’s stubbornness because it is the United States that decides for them.”

“These attacks will automatically stop when Saudi Arabia ends its aggression and lifts its blockade against Yemen,” he said. “These operations will only expand and target facilities that are more vital and more sensitive than oil facilities.”

Iran, Iraq not involved in Aramco attacks: Yemen air force

Yemen’s air force also issued a statement on Sunday, denying reports that Iran and even Iraq might have played a role in the attack.

“We confirm that these operations were carried out from Yemeni territories and by the Yemeni Army and Popular Committees,” said Brigadier General Abdullah al-Jefri, head of the Yemeni air forces.

“Therefore, whatever is being said about Iran’s support for us or allegations that these attacks were carried out from inside Iraq or through Lebanon’s Hezbollah are absolutely wrong,” he said. “Such statements and blind and fruitless accusations are unfathomable and meaningless,” he added.

Iraq denies allegations on Aramco attacks

The Iraqi cabinet said Sunday that claims about its territory being used as a base for the attacks held no value, stressing that the country would never become a platform to attack other countries.

“Iraq denies what has been circulated by some media outlets and social media about the use of its territories to attack Saudi oil installations by drones, and affirms its constitutional commitment to preventing the use of its territories for aggression on its neighbors, brothers, and friends,” the Cabinet Office said in a press statement.

“The Iraqi government will deal firmly against anyone who tries to violate the Constitution. It has formed a committee of the relevant Iraqi parties to follow up information and developments,” explained the Cabinet Office.

The statement also called on warring parties to stop hostilities, expressing concern that “escalation and military solutions would complicate the humanitarian and political situation, and threaten our common security as well as regional and international security.”


Loading...

EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE
All content herein is owned by author exclusively.  Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network (VT).  Some content may be satirical in nature. 
All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.
About VT - Read Full Policy Notice - Comment Policy

6 COMMENTS

  1. The mother of invention is necessity. The KSA has no credibility. I would love to see an honest global trust survey on that one. The magic orb was a B movie prop, and the level of disconnect is never surprising.
    Having an American weapon named “patriot” in that feudal joke is an insult to the word. What happened to the half century mantra of “oil independence” ?

  2. “In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he majored in engineering management.[13][14]” This quote from Pompeo’s Wikipedia article is evidently totally wrong. They must have meant to say he was the lowest or last in his class. On top of this he is a lying lawyer too.
    We have two liar losers running our government both corrupted by thugs in Israel, risking the lives and property and security of every American citizen.
    Both these losers likely are on the take from Israel like Congress is. If they start WWIII for Israel the entire planet could be at risk. Every American should demand these worthless losers resign today before they blow up everything with nukes.

    • It is multiple choice at this point as SA is the land where there will be no press question and answer section. One of the reasons they blame someone quickly as most people just accept that and it gives investigators, one group anyway, to study the public reaction, what leaks may come out, etc. and it buys them time to polish up the story they decide best suits them. When is the last time you saw the actually investigator talking to the press? We will never even know who they are. What we get now is a faceless claim as that also protects investigators from being public scapegoats.