Amaze yourself and your friends with these science facts! This is a collection of fun and interesting science facts.
by Anne Marie Helmenstine, Ph.D Thought.co
- You could theoretically lose weight eating celery since it takes more calories to digest celery than are contained in the vegetable.
- Shark teeth are as hard as steel.
- The only letter not used in the periodic table is J.
- Lobsters have blue blood.
- Sound travels about four times faster in water than in air.
- 2 and 5 are the only prime numbers that end in 2 or 5.
- Women blink nearly twice as often as men.
- The billionth digit of pi is 9. (Source: Ben Peoples)
- On average, it takes a person 7 minutes to fall asleep.
- The peanut is a member of the bean or legume family and not a nut.
- The prefix ‘numbus’ in a cloud name means the cloud produces precipitation.
- Anemometers measure wind speed.
- The only two planets in our solar system that do not have moons are Mercury and Venus.
- Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin.
- Oxygen is the most common element in the Earth’s crust.