Syrian Army receives massive tank shipment from Russia ahead of new offensive: satellite photo

…from Al-Masdar News

[ Editor’s Note: Syria has been moving other military equipment that is nearer to North Syria, as it has this new shipment to cover the Idlib and Latakia new offensives.

It looks like the SAA wants to clear the jihadis out of Latakia completely by year end, moving right up to the border. I would suggest it tell Turkey that, if it does not stop Jihadi infiltrators from Turkey, a 35-mile safe zone might need to be established on the Turkish side of the border. 

I am sure that would tie Erdogan’s shorts in a knot. But Erdogan has been treated for too long with soft gloves by both Iran and Russia. He has played them both, and they went along with it, which is part of the problem that we face now.

The Kurds are only 30% of the population in Northern Syria, and their playing local henchmen for the US over the other 70% of the population is a crime, which the MSM has not covered.

As things eventually settle down, the spotlight has to be shown brightly on these past indiscretions when it comes to making a political settlement, where all Syrians were not equally loyal to their country. VT readers will understand that … Jim W. Dean ]

Jim's Editor’s Notes are solely crowdfunded via PayPal
Jim's work includes research, field trips, Heritage TV Legacy archiving & more. Thanks for helping. Click to donate >>

The last thing in the world you want to be under fire from is a quad 20mm monster like this that has some elevation on you, where even being in a foxhole will do you no good.

– First published … October 21, 2019

BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:10 P.M.) – The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) recently received a large shipment of military equipment, including tanks and armored vehicles, from the Russian military at the Tartous port in western Syria.

According to a satellite image that was posted this week, the Russian military has transported 25 tanks and 16 artillery guns, which will likely be transferred to the Syrian Arab Army in the coming days.

“In the satellite image presented, you can see that a large platform was allocated specially for the deployment of military equipment in the port of Tarotus, while specialists managed to count 41 tanks, as well as many trucks and special equipment,” the Russian aviation publication Aria.Pro reported on Monday.

This latest delivery by the Russian Armed Forces comes at the same time that the Syrian Arab Army prepares to launch a large-scale offensive in the Latakia, Hama, and Idlib governorates of northwetern Syria.

The Syrian Army has deployed a large number of reinforcements to the Al-Ghaab Plain, northeast Latakia, and southern Idlib for the upcoming offensive that will be led by the 25th Special Mission Forces (formerly Tiger Forces), 4th Armored Division, and Republican Guard.

These aforementioned divisions of the military had previously led the southern Idlib and northern Hama offensives; they are considered some of the most elite units in the armed forces.


Loading...

EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE
All content herein is owned by author exclusively.  Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners, technicians or Veterans Today Network (VT).  Some content may be satirical in nature. 
All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.
About VT - Read Full Policy Notice - Comment Policy

4 COMMENTS

  1. Trump Makes Startling Statement: ‘We’ve Taken Control of the Oil in the Middle East – U.S. Has Control of That’

    Meanwhile……..Free Energy Frag Fest……GENEVA, Aug. 30, 2013 — Ultrashort-pulse lasers as an emerging tool for controlling the weather will be the topic of interest at a gathering of atmospheric physicists, meteorologists and climatologists next month at the World Meteorological Organisation in Geneva.

    A conference in Geneva next month will explore topics such as generating and directing laser-based lightning. Courtesy of the NOAA Photo Library.
    Weather-control research (See: Lab Lightning Strikes Same Place More Than Twice) has “triggered an increasing interest and activity in many groups worldwide,[but] the highly interdisciplinary nature of the subject limited its development due to the need for enhanced contacts between laser and atmospheric physicists, chemists, electrical engineers, meteorologists, and climatologists,” the co-chairs say on the conference’s website.