There are many video converters software available for file conversion in the market, but honestly speaking, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is worthy of the best Matroska converter tool. With simple interface, batch processing, customizable output file formats, etc., Wondershare video converter meets all your needs of converting .mkv to .mp4 without losing your multiple subtitles.
Although MKV is a popular format for high-quality movies and TV episodes, it’s not widely supported by modern devices. That case, we need to find a way to alter MKV file to MP4. Here are some steps how to use mkv to mp4:
- Add Your MKV File
Run Wondershare video converter, click add files and you’ll get a poo-up windows, select MKV file you want to convert in MP4 and click Open to load .mkv codec file.
- Select MP4 as Output Format
Hit down arrow from the Target section, go to Video > MP4 and choose Same as resource, which ensures you to convert video to MP4 without losing quality.
How to Convert MKV to MP4 in Batch:
- Import Multiple MKV Videos
Launch the program, you’ll get the primary interface under Convert section by default. Then directly add multiple MKV files to the top MKV video converter software.
- Convert MKV Files to MP4 Format
Click down arrow beside Convert all files to, choose MP4 under the Video tab and select your desired quality in the right. Then you’d find all loaded MKV media files will be changed to MP4 format.
- Batch Convert Matroska File to MP4
Click Convert All in the bottom-right to start converting multiple MKV files to MP4 at one time. Note that turn on the High Speed Conversion console as pointed in the screenshot would speed up the whole files to MP4 conversion.
Briefly explain below here about converter:
- Convert MKV to MP4, MOV (QuickTime) to play MKV on iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, iMovie, QuickTime and more.
- Convert MKV to MP4, AVI, WMV to play MKV on PS3 (PlayStation 3), Xbox 360, BlackBerry, Potable Media Player, etc.
- Convert MKV to MP4 to play MKV on Android phone and Android pad like HTC, Samsung, Nexus, Motorola Xoom and so on.
- Convert MKV to many other video and audio formats like ASF, DV, MPG, WebM, 3GP, MP3, WAV, AIFF, AAC, AC3, etc.
- Convert almost all kinds of video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, OGV, 3GP, MXF, WebM, DV, MPG, etc. to MKV.
MKV and MP4 both are video container formats for storing audio and video data. Whereas DVD and Blu-ray rips are often found in MKV, since this format gives more freedom to contain as many audio/video/subtitle tracks as needed. However, to watch those rips on iPad/iPhone or other portables devices, the format suffers from narrowed compatibility in comparison with MP4. And this is when we find it necessary to do a MKV to MP4 conversion.
MP4 is quite common nowadays and is found almost on every multimedia device because of its high portability. But MKV is not so common as it is designed to contain unlimited number of audio, video and subtitle files. That’s why MKV files are pretty large in size and there is also no size limit for these files.