…by Jonas E. Alexis
Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont dropped an atomic bomb during the presidential debate when he explicitly declared that “what US foreign policy must be about is not just being pro-Israel. We must be pro-Palestinian as well.”
Whether Sanders truly believed what he was saying or not, we can safely say that he was right when he said: “We have spent trillions of dollars on the war on terror, and I, as president, would like to sit down in a room with the leadership of Saudi Arabia, with the leadership of Iran, with the leadership of the Palestinians, with the leadership of Israel, and hammer out some damn agreements, which will try to end the conflicts that exist there forever.”
A “damn agreement” is a frightening thing for Israel and indeed Netanyahu because the Israeli policy is based on a racist ideology. This racist ideology has wiping out the Palestinians since 1948, and the Israeli regime doesn’t intend to stop because they want to expand the settlements. So a “damn agreement” means that every country must be treated equally. But that is not what the Israelis are looking for. Again Sanders was right on target: “It is no longer good enough for us to be pro-Israel, I am pro-Israel, but we must treat the Palestinians with the dignity they deserve.”
Obviously Netanyahu will never like Sanders because Sanders continues to put him in a hot seat. “Let me underline this because it will be misunderstood,” Sanders said. “It is not anti-Semitism to say that the Netanyahu government has been racist. It is a fact.”
Political whore and prostitute Nikki Haley has stood up to defend Israel. She declared: “Just when you thought Bernie Sanders couldn’t get any more radical, he outdid himself. He wants to take money we give to Israel to defend itself from terrorists, and give it to Gaza, which is run by terrorists?? Unreal. Why isn’t every other Dem presidential candidate saying he’s wrong?”
As Jim W. Dean usually says, you simply can’t make this stuff up. Gaza is run by terrorist! Obviously Haley, because she is deliberately blind and stupid, because she has been bamboozled by the Zionist ideology, cannot spend at least some time to go to a local library and pick up a serious scholarly study on Gaza and the situation there. People like Haley have chosen to believe a categorical lie. They certainly do not deserve to be in any political position in the United States or anywhere.
-  “US’ Bernie Sanders calls Israel’s Netanyahu a ‘racist,’” Middle East Monitor, December 20, 2019.
-  Ibid..
-  “US’ Bernie Sanders would ‘absolutely’ use military aid to force Israel to change,” Middle East Monitor, July 29, 2019.
-  Ibid.
-  “Sanders demands dignity for Palestinians in US leadership debate,” Middle East Monitor, December 21, 2019.
-  “Presidential hopeful Sanders says US aid should go to Gaza instead of Israel,” Middle East Monitor, October 29, 2019.
-  Ibid.
-  See for example Sara Roy, Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza: Engaging the Islamist Social Sector (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2011); Norman Finkelstein, Gaza: An Inquest into Its Martyrdom (Oakland: University of California Press, 2018); Noam Chomsky and Ilan Pappe, Gaza in Crisis: Reflections on Israel’s War Against the Palestinians (Chicago: Haymarket Books, 2010); Izzeldin Abuelaish and Marek Glezerman, I Shall Not Hate: A Gaza Doctor’s Journey on the Road to Peace and Human Dignity (New York: Bloomsbury, 2010).
Jonas E. Alexis has degrees in mathematics and philosophy. He studied education at the graduate level. His main interests include U.S. foreign policy, the history of the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the history of ideas. He is the author of the new book Zionism vs. the West: How Talmudic Ideology is Undermining Western Culture. He teaches mathematics in South Korea.