A brief overview of the recent developments in Syria:
- Warplanes of the Israeli Air Force targeted an arms shipment on the Syrian-Iraqi border, al-Mayadeen reported. Later these reports were denied;
- The Syrian military delivered a number of strikes on militants positions across Greater Idlib, including Ma’ar Shamshah, Talmenes, Ma’saran, Ma’ar Shoreen, al-Deir al-Gharbi, al-Deir al-Sharqi, and Ma`arat al-Nu`man;
- Russia is reportedly forming a new local militia in Eastern Ghouta;
- Turkey announced that a new ceasefire should start in Greater Idlib on January 12;
- Checkpoints of government forces were attacked in Saida and al-Musayfirah.
South Front: Analysis & Intelligence (SF) is a public analytical project maintained by an independent team of experts from four corners of the earth. SF focuses on international relations and crises working through a number of media platforms. They provide military operations analysis and other important data where crisis points affect tensions between countries and nations. They dig out truth barely covered by states concerned and their mainstream media. SF does not receive any funding from corporations or governments. They are supported by reader donations. *All posts on behalf of South Front are made by Gordon Duff