If you are an employer, employee benefits are the best way for you to convey that you appreciate the work done by your employees, care about them and that you are proactive about making lives better for them. There is no better way to build a robust business on the foundation of valuable and trustworthy relationships.
Employee Benefits are referred to as different bonuses and perks provided by a company to its employees in addition to salary. Some of these benefits are provided by default as part of government guidelines. An employer may consider providing many more benefits to earn the trust and loyalty of his/her employees.
Importance of Employee Benefits for the Organization:
By offering a lucrative employee benefits package, a business can attract young talents very easily. It also helps increase the rate of employee retention, boosts employee morale, and ensures optimum productivity level across the organization.
In today’s rapidly emerging business landscape, caring for employees is not only essential but is also easy. As an employee, you just need to think from the perspective of the employee and come up with benefits that matter to them. Instead of making it merely a box to be ticked, be considerate, thoughtful, and considerate in your approach.
Providing Employee Benefits that Actually Work:
Please note that any particular set of employee benefits may not work for all your employees. Necessities of individuals tend to vary a great deal from person to person. Making employee benefits personal is a great way to make them meaningful. Therefore, consider customizing the benefits you offer based on gender, age, health requirements, community, etc. A detailed study and analysis of your business, brand image, budget, and employees is essential for implementing an effective set of employee benefits.
Some Essential Employee Benefits to Consider:
- Complete Healthcare Package: As healthcare continues to become increasingly unaffordable, this is considered to be one of the most important and valuable benefits by most of the employees. A complete healthcare package is a healthcare policy covering all physical ailments. Though it is expensive, the advantages are many. These healthcare packages will not only keep your employees healthy and productive but also ensure that they stay in your company for a long haul. If you are looking to provide best employee healthcare packages for your staff, you will find plenty of attractive options from BluMine Health.
- Easy Childcare Benefit: It has been observed that many women with a promising career fail to make it big because they have to babysit. Childcare is a serious reason that restricts many women from coming back to work after pregnancy. For new mothers, consider employee benefit in the form of concession with a good daycare facility or in-office daycare. In fact, you can provide this benefit to your male employees, too. It will be a win-win situation for the business with gender equality meeting employee benefits.
- Fitness Plan: Fitness is a common and essential need for all. However, how people want to stay fit may not be common. Your employee benefit can be a great way for your staff to explore the endless ways to get fit. Provide them options such as gym or yoga subscriptions, swimming, Pilates, or Zumba.
- Healthy Food: It is common these days to provide free food at the office. You can certainly stand out here by making the food healthy. Avoid junk and fast food, and pack the menu with pulses, greens, and sprouts.
- Therapist: Mental health is one aspect that often gets ignored while drafting an employee benefits plan. To cover this aspect, consider having in-office therapists providing regular sessions. It is also a good idea to provide paid sabbatical for employees to visit their own therapist or take a break. These expenses will definitely be a part of the complete healthcare package mentioned earlier.
- The Signature Employee Benefit: These benefits are provided nowadays by all companies, and covers discount vouchers or special purchase plans from different grocery stores, clothing outlets, or even healthcare service providers.