…by Jonas E. Alexis
The Daily Mail reported back in 2015 that Tony Blair confessed that he screwed up Iraq really bad, that he was partly responsible for the deaths and destruction of much of the country. Listen to this:
“Tony Blair has finally said sorry for the Iraq War – and admitted he could be partly to blame for the rise of Islamic State. The extraordinary confession by the former Prime Minister comes after 12 years in which he refused to apologise for the conflict.
“Blair makes his dramatic ‘mea culpa’ during a TV interview about the ‘hell’ caused by his and George Bush’s decision to oust Saddam Hussein.”
Now, pay close attention:
“In the exchange, Blair repeatedly says sorry for his conduct and even refers to claims that the invasion was a war ‘crime’ – while denying he committed one.
“Blair is asked bluntly in the CNN interview, to be broadcast today: ‘Was the Iraq War a mistake?’ He replies: ‘I apologize for the fact that the intelligence we received was wrong.
“’I also apologize for some of the mistakes in planning and, certainly, our mistake in our understanding of what would happen once you removed the regime.’
“Mr Blair was then asked whether the invasion of Iraq was the ‘principle cause’ of the rise of ISIS. The former Prime Minister said: ‘I think there are elements of truth in that. But we have got to be extremely careful otherwise we will misunderstand what’s going on in Iraq and in Syria today…
“’Of course you can’t say that those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation in 2015.’
“’But it’s important also to realise – one, that the Arab Spring which began in 2011 would also have had its impact on Iraq today. And two – ISIS actually came to prominence from a base in Syria and not in Iraq.’”
Blair again admitted that there were some “elements of truths” to the charge that the Iraq War precipitated the rise of terrorist groups like ISIS.
So, if Blair described the removal of Saddam Hussein as “my crime,” if he “deliberately exaggerated threat from Iraq,” and if Obama has also admitted that the destruction of Iraq led to the rise of terrorist groups like ISIS, why isn’t Blair behind padded cells for the rest of his natural life? Why did the joker still want to try another war? Iraq is still mired in violence and terrorism, and Blair is still making millions and enjoying his life? In fact, his daughter, Kathrine, upset “neighbours with plans to extend her five-bedroom £2.4million west London home” in 2018.
You see, Blair and his family are enjoying a sumptuous life. Yet he obviously expects everyone to simply forget that the Iraq War essentially destroyed virtually an entire nation. How can this man look at parents who sent their sons and daughters to Iraq to die for corrupt oligarchs and political whores like himself?
Blair even told Bush to use tricks in order to seduce the masses! Blair was so bent on destroying Iraq that he didn’t even accept a generous offer that Saddam’s lawyer sent him. Saddam was in the process of stepping down if that would have prevented a debacle. So, what should we do to political whores and prostitutes like Blair? Put him on trial, and we all know that he deserves to be hanged. If Ted Bundy got the electric chair for killing just a few people, then people like Tony Blair deserve a beautiful and powerful rope.
-  “’I’m sorry’: Historic moment Tony Blair FINALLY apologises for Iraq War and admits in TV interview the conflict caused the rise of ISIS,” Daily Mail, October 24, 2015.
-  Ibid.
-  Adam Taylor, “Tony Blair kind of apologized for the Iraq war, but many Brits still hate him,” Washington Post, October 26, 2015.
-  Nicholas Watt, “Tony Blair makes qualified apology for Iraq war ahead of Chilcot report,” Guardian, October 25, 2015.
-  Heather Stewart, “Tony Blair deliberately exaggerated threat from Iraq, Chilcot report finds,” Guardian, July 6, 2016.
-  Peter Oborne, “If Chilcot fails to nail Blair’s lies, it’s final proof our democracy is broken,” Daily Mail, July 5, 2016.
-  Ishaan Tharoor, “Tony Blair feels bad about the war in Iraq. But he still wants to try it again,” Washington Post, May 24, 2016.
-  Sam Greenhill, “The £12m tax mystery: Tony Blair’s earnings soar by 42% (but he only pays £315,000 to HMRC),” Daily Mail, January 9, 2012; Katie Allen, “Tony Blair businesses amass £13m cash after surge in profits,” Guardian, January 5, 2014; Matt Chorley and Daniel Martin, “Tony Blair finally quits as Middle East peace envoy after concerns over conflicts of interest with his business affairs,” Daily Mail, May 27, 2015.
-  “Tony Blair’s barrister daughter Kathryn upsets neighbours with plans to extend her five-bedroom £2.4million west London home,” Daily Mail, December 31, 2018.
-  “Mother of Soldier Killed in Iraq: ‘I Blame Blair for My Son’s Death,’” Sputnik News, July 6, 2016.
-  Oscar Williams-Grut, “MEMO: Blair tells Bush this is ‘the trick we need to take’ to get the world to support war in Iraq,” Business Insider, July 6, 2016.
-  Will Heilpern, “LETTERS TO TONY BLAIR: Saddam Hussein’s lawyer wrote these letters as part of a plan for the Iraqi leader to step down before war was declared — but Blair ignored them,” Business Insider, July 5, 2016.
Jonas E. Alexis has degrees in mathematics and philosophy. He studied education at the graduate level. His main interests include U.S. foreign policy, the history of the Israel/Palestine conflict, and the history of ideas. He is the author of the new book, Kevin MacDonald’s Metaphysical Failure: A Philosophical, Historical, and Moral Critique of Evolutionary Psychology, Sociobiology, and Identity Politics. He teaches mathematics in South Korea.