As States Reopen: Coronavirus Deaths to Increase

5
688
The first vial of the CoronaVirus vaccine produced by Moderna in Cambridge, Massachusetts

Projected U.S. Coronavirus Deaths Jump as States Reopen

By Claire Hansen/U.S. News

A RESPECTED MODEL FOR projecting coronavirus deaths in the U.S. has raised its total by 10,000 over a tally released just two days ago as more states begin to reopen businesses shuttered in the last two months in an effort to stem the spread of the pandemic.

A model by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington now predicts that roughly 147,000 Americans could die from the virus by Aug. 4. The new figure is driven by an upward revision in estimated deaths from several individual states since the organization’s May 10 forecast, in some cases because of the easing of social distancing restrictions.

North Carolina is projected to see roughly 4,400 deaths by August, an increase of more than 3,000 over the total predicted Sunday. Projected deaths tolls in New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Maryland also shot up considerably compared to the previous model.

Read More:

Biography
Carol graduated from Riverside White Cross School of Nursing in Columbus, Ohio and received her diploma as a registered nurse. She attended Bowling Green State University where she received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and Literature. She attended the University of Toledo, College of Nursing, and received a Master’s of Nursing Science Degree as an Educator.

She has traveled extensively, is a photographer, and writes on medical issues. Carol has three children RJ, Katherine, and Stephen – two daughters-in-law; Suzy and Katie – two granddaughters; Isabella Marianna and Zoe Olivia – and one grandson, Alexander Paul. She also shares her life with husband Gordon Duff, many cats, and two rescue pups.

Carol’s Archives 2009-2013
ATTENTION READERS
Due to the nature of independent content, VT cannot guarantee content validity.
We ask you to Read Our Content Policy so a clear comprehension of VT's independent non-censored media is understood and given its proper place in the world of news, opinion and media.

All content is owned by author exclusively. Expressed opinions are NOT necessarily the views of VT, other authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, partners or technicians. Some content may be satirical in nature. All images within are full responsibility of author and NOT VT.

About VT - Read Full Policy Notice - Comment Policy

5 COMMENTS

  1. In New York State, statistics released by Governor Cuomo (and widely publicized) state that 66% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations were of people who were sheltering at home. This combined with 18% of hospitalizations being from nursing homes means 84% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations in NY were from at home/nursing home. This data is contradictory to the “stay home/stay alive” national public service campaign meme.
    I’m just the messenger here.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-cuomo-coronavirus-stats-20200506-eyqui4b5lfdn7g6cqswkf6otly-story.html

    • Edward, Of course people sheltering from home do go out to grocery stores. If the truth be told, the numbers of those who are “strictly” staying home would be very small. For the nursing homes….the care workers go home after their shifts and return the next day. Infections in nursing homes are from the virus being brought to the residents of nursing homes….Nursing homes are filled with older adults, many of whom are not in good physical health to begin with, thus they are patients in a facility. Stopping the easy spread of COVID-19 is ultra important. The numbers of COVID-19 cases and deaths would be far higher if some people were not making a conscious effort to stay away from others….humans are the only beings that spread the virus and staying away form potentially infected humans makes total medical and scientific sense.

    • Point taken, Carol. I consider myself an at-home shelterer, though I wear a mask and go to the market, and walk at dawn each morning at a nearby track when no one is around (social distance). I like to think I’m doing my bit.
      IMO, there should be high capacity HEPA filtered ventilation at nursing homes, and clean room/dirty room decontamination, entrance and exit practices by staff and visitors, similar to workers at an asbestos abatement worksite.

  2. Thanks Carol, have you had the time to listen to Dr. Judy Mikovits interview video – Plandemic ? I think she is VT material – Thanks.

    • Garry, Judy Mikovits is not VT material. She is not genuine….VT does not agree with her. Carol

Comments are closed.