CBD has taken the world by storm and skyrocketed in popularity over the last couple of years. More and more veterans throughout the country are turning to CBD to help alleviate various issues varying from PTSD to insomnia. There simply is no denying that CBD has a place in the veteran community and when using a quality CBD product, veterans can experience the relief they are looking for. In this article we will walk you through five of the most important attributes to look for prior to purchasing CBD online.
What Is CBD?
Prior to diving into the marketplace, you first must understand the basics of CBD and how it related to the cannabis plant. CBD is the abbreviation for Cannabidiol, and is one of over 100 different cannabinoids that can be found in the cannabis plant family. Although hemp does fall under the cannabis plant family, it has very different attributes when compared to other plants in this gene, such as marijuana. The most drastic difference being that CBD derived from hemp, will not leave users feeling “high” or intoxicated. This means that CBD users can experience the medicinal benefits associated with the cannabis plant, without the unwanted psychoactive effects.
Every mammal naturally has an endocannabinoids system which is made to process cannabinoids through CB1 and CB2 receptors spread throughout the body. These receptors are able to absorb the CBD and bring the body back to homeostasis.
Top 5 Things to Look for before Buying CBD Products
- Source of the Hemp – The first and arguably most important factor being where is the hemp grown. We strongly urge consumers to look for products that only use domestically grown hemp, as these hemp plants are subject to regulation from the Department of Agriculture. We have seen some brands in the industry cut corners by sourcing overseas, these hemp plants are typically grown on soil that has been compromised by heavy metals and pesticides. These type of harmful substances do not belong anywhere near your body.
- Traceability – You want to ensure the brand you choose has accountability through traceability. This means that they are able to trace the hemp plants used in the raw oil, which is eventually put into finished consumer goods ready for consumption. This also ensures consumers that “what is on the label, is what is in the bottle”
- Third Party Laboratory Tested – All CBD products should be third party laboratory tested for not only potency but also purity. This gives consumers confidence when purchasing products, knowing that they are clean and effective.
- CBD Education – Knowledge is power. You want to make sure you educated yourself as much as possible prior to making any purchase. CBD products are not cheap, so it is in your benefit to do research. Also looking for companies who take pride in educating consumers is always a plus. If you are looking for an all in one guide, we also have you covered with this CBD guide.
- Transparency – Transparency is a must in the CBD industry, as this industry is relatively unregulated and consumers must trust the brands they use. We urge consumers to do extra research to ensure the brand they choose is worthy.
One company that checks off all of these important attributes is GoGreen Hemp. GoGreen Hemp has been serving customers since 2016, making them on of the oldest CBD only companies in the industry. All of their products are third party laboratory tested and they use only organically grown Colorado hemp.
We hope this article has been beneficial in your search for the right CBD product!