Coronavirus Live Updates: Trump’s Mt. Rushmore Crowd ‘Won’t Be Social Distancing,’ S.D. Governor Says
Infections within the Secret Service forced Pence to change a visit to Arizona. Britain’s prime minister urged restraint when pubs reopen this weekend.
Édouard Philippe, the newly replaced French prime minister, is one of three government officials facing investigation into their handling of the coronavirus crisis, according to French prosecutors.
Here’s what you need to know:
- With U.S. infections surging, Trump heads to Mount Rushmore for fireworks, and a crowd expected to number in the thousands.
- For the U.S. capital, July 4 will mean protests as well as fireworks (with masks).
- Illicit pyrotechnics are proliferating, to the dismay of neighbors and firefighters.
- Pubs are reopening in Britain, and Boris Johnson urges people not to ‘overdo it.’
- Infections among Secret Service agents explain Pence’s changed visit to Arizona.
- The president of Honduras is recovering at home after being hospitalized for Covid-19.
- New Yorkers head back to the city’s beaches.