October 26, 2015
YouTube frame capture (all photos suppressed)
By Jeff Smith, Science Editor, Nuclear physicist and IAEA inspector
The recent fires at nuclear waste facilities have been the subject of little speculation, as extreme efforts have been made by the equivalent of “Men in Black” analogs, threatening even bloggers who have gotten too close.
VT has chosen to publish the truth about these fires and the very real danger
All enriched uranium and or enriched plutonium will react with water (H2O), when it comes into contact with it. Some worse than others. It triggers hydrogen uranium or a hydrogen plutonium thermal reaction that makes the fuel burn. This is why all PU pits are metal-plated, to prevent this from happening. However, during production or reprocessing, the metal shavings are not protected.
These underground waste dumps are full of radioactive milling flakes left over from nuclear pit production and or reactor fuel rod production. They used to use sawdust, sand, and even cat litter to mop up the oily mess leftover from machining the nuclear fuel elements and pits.
This is what started the fires in New Mexico last year. It is all a sitting EPA time bomb waiting to go off. The fires in St. Louis are also related to this. It’s another cold war legacy left over from the nuclear industry that has been overlooked and hidden until now.
Like Fukushima, the only thing you can do is let it burn out over time. You can’t stop it. This is why they put it all in underground salt mines. They knew eventually down the road that this would happen sooner or later, and as long as it didn’t happen on your shift, then there was no problem. This is how they think. Really stupidly.
You can’t put bureaucrats in charge of stuff like this, due to the consequences of what will happen down the road.
Within another 32 years or less, due to PU-240/242 build-up, corrosion, and helium gas build-up within the pits’ walls causing them to undergo low-level nuclear fission, fusion process, all of the older plutonium pits will start popping off too. Over 6,000 of them will eventually break down and spontaneously catch fire and burn with zero advance warning!!!!!!!!
Once they reach a certain internal nuclear threshold, they just spontaneously form a critical mass on their own and go bang. You can’t stop it. It just suddenly will happen.
Japan’s slag plutonium storage facility is even in worse shape than ours due to their PU being mainly stored in a liquid form. Once it reacts with any hydrogen source… Bang. It’s the original “Cold Fusion” process, just using fissile material to make it work on its own. No external electric current is needed to start the process due to the effect of the dissimilar metal creating an internal galvanic electric battery condition that starts the Townsend electron avalanche process. This then triggers the cold fusion process in the voids created by helium bubbles in the aging PU.
All you can do is melt it down now and grind it up into tiny bits and mix it with glass. You then put the material into numbered stainless steel containers and put it all into Yucca Mountain, where it can be monitored and controlled for the next 10,000 years….
Thank you General Groves, Oppenheimer, and Teller for the mess that you left us with.
Whether or not congress likes it, they are stuck with the bill for the next 10,000 years. I see very long term job security with this one…
So now we can have a Ph.D.’s in nuclear waste disposal instead of nuclear weapons design…..
9-11 Syllabus and VT Nuclear Education Series – 2015
- The Secret of America’s Doomsday Waste
- VT Nuclear Education: The History of Nuclear Weapons Design 1945 to 2015
- VT Nuclear Education: The Uranium Hydride Bomb
- VT Nuclear Education: Subcritical and microfission explosives
- VT Nuclear Education – Freon and the Hohlraum
- The Secret Nazi role in Building the Atomic Bomb
- How the Nazi A-Bomb Worked
- VT Nuclear Education: Critical Mass
- VT Nuclear Education: Laser and Nuke Weapon Calculator
- VT Nuclear Education: Germany
- 9/11 Science: Craters and Explosive Damage
- Neutron Bombs and Other Toys
- NEO: Building Nuclear Case Against Saudis
- VT Nuclear Education: The Secrets of EMP Weapons
- VT Nuclear Education: Explosive Properties of Reactor Grade Plutonium
- Nukes on Yemen, Confirming Proofs: Yield Estimation from Illumination Time
- Nukes on Yemen, Confirming Proofs: Introduction to Nuclear Operations
- Nukes on Yemen-Confirming Proofs: Calculating Nuclear Blast Yield from the Flash
- How Israel Was Busted Nuking Yemen
- Saudis Have Israel Nuke Yemen for Them
- VT Warning of EMP Plot Confirmed by Guardian
- VT Nuke Education: Thorium Warnings
- VT Nuclear Education: CIA/Iran Trial and more disclosure
- NEO – CIA Torture Report Ties Cheney/Bout to 9/11 Nukes
- The DOE Defends Nuclear 9/11
9-11 Syllabus and VT Nuclear Education Series – 2014
- Too Classified to Publish: Bush Nuclear Piracy Exposed
- Nuke Cancer from 9/11 Revealed
- 9/11 NUKE DEMOLITION PROOF: Firefighters Radiation Cancers “Off the Scale”
- Doc Submitted By Russian Intel
- Constructing the Nuclear Child
- VT Nuclear Education Series
- Nuclear Education Series: Dimona Classified
- VT Nuclear Terrorism Education Series
- VT Nuclear Education: Undeniable Proof of 9/11 as a Nuclear Event
- VT Nuclear Education: As the Hammer Drops
- VT Nuclear Education: Mossad/N. Korea Links, MOX
- Nuclear Roundtable: America’s Nuclear Arsenal
- Officials Cite “Thermo-Nuke” in 9/11 Demo
- VT Nuclear Education: Fission Based Thermobaric Weapons
VT Supporting Material on 9/11, Nuclear Physics and Disclosure Issues
- VT Nuclear Education: Antigravity
- NEO – Mini Nukes and M16: The Economy of War (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: Nukes in Iraq, Confirmation UPDATED
- Nuclear 9/11 Revealed: Theories and Disinformation, the Misguided and the Inhuman (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: Tactical Nuclear Warfare (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: Early Reactors
- IAEA investigators: Audit reveals US, not Iran the problem (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: History of Mini-Nukes (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: Answering the Hype (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Atom Smasher (must read)
- VT Nuclear Education: LENR Neutron Distribution
- Einsteins Theory on Magnetic Buoyancy
- VT Science: Fuel Cell Technology
- VT Science: The Farnsworth Fusor
- VT Science: HAARP
- Fusion: Junk Science For Rubes
- NEO – Nuclear Threats Enter the Mainstream (must read)
- VT Science: NASA’s Low Energy Fusion VooDoo/DooDoo
- The Connection Between Aurora and Black Triangles (Redux)
- Jeff Smith on Upcoming Able Danger Leak
- 9/11 Hokum: Deconstructing Christopher Bollyn and Steve Jones