From the normally despicable (pro-Trump) UK Daily Mail
- Trump called US soldiers killed or injured ‘losers’ and ‘suckers’, senior administration sources told the Atlantic
- The Atlantic says Trump cancelled a visit a US war grave because he was worried about his hair in the rain
- The president was expected to attend a ceremony at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in Paris in 2018
- He reportedly asked: ‘Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers’
- He also allegedly referred to 1,800 Marines who died in the WWI Battle of Belleau Wood in France as ‘suckers’
- He reportedly asked ‘Who were the good guys in this war?’
- Trump is also alleged to have said he didn’t understand why the US would intervene on the side of the Allies
- The president allegedly said those who served in the Vietnam were ‘losers’ as they failed to dodge the draft
- Fox News and the Washington Post have confirmed the reporting, while AP has confirmed part of it
- The White House mounted furious pushback, hammering the piece for using anonymous sources
- Melania Trump on Friday said the story was false and ‘activism’
- Trump suggested that John Kelly – who has remained silent on the report – was a source for the ‘false’ story
- Trump also said Fox News reporter Jennifer Griffin, who confirmed the Atlantic story, should be fired
Donald Trump on Friday night demanded that Fox News fire a reporter after she confirmed a series of highly-damaging incidents detailed in an Atlantic article. In the magazine story, Trump said he did not understand why the United States intervened on behalf of the Allies, and why Americans signed up for the war, because they were not going to get rich through fighting. He described those who fought in Vietnam as ‘losers’ because they did not find a way around the draft.
Jennifer Griffin once helped to secure the release of her colleagues who were kidnapped in Gaza.
She reported from war zones for years and is now one of the most well connected journalists in DC.
She embodies what the industry is built upon. Truth and accountability. https://t.co/kcFF5BZhNJ
— Trey Yingst (@TreyYingst) September 5, 2020
Jennifer Griffin tells it like it is.
This message goes for all at Fox as well.
It's time to start
reporting the truth.
America is riddled with a cancer of hate.
It's time to start cutting it out.
Thousands in the GOP are.#VoteBidenHarrisToEndThisNightmare pic.twitter.com/qvwzNDKqEa
— Balance America (@BalnceAm) September 5, 2020
The president re-tweeted an article in Breitbart which attempted to pour cold water on Fox News’ confirmation, noting that the reporter, Jennifer Griffin (right), was unable to confirm that the president cancelled a 2018 trip to a Paris war cemetery because he was worried about his hair. Griffin instead reported he simply did not want to go. And she was not able to confirm he called World War One veterans ‘suckers’ – only that he called Vietnam veterans ‘suckers’. Melania Trump on Friday night defended her husband (left).
Not surprised. Trump is now demanding Fox News, Jennifer Griffin be fired for confirming The Atlantic story.
He wants her fired for doing her job and confirming details. He wants her fired for telling the truth about him.
— Women SCARE Trump💪🌈🏴☠️ (@Ky_Gill28) September 5, 2020
"Jennifer Griffin: Officials Confirmed Details of Atlantic Report" – https://t.co/lCOuLqLRH9
— Craig Rozniecki (@CraigRozniecki) September 5, 2020
Trump calls for Fox News journalist, Jennifer Griffin to be fired for confirming that the president did in fact call fallen soldiers ‘losers’ | The Guardian https://t.co/nyaYjuYmyu
— Mia Farrow (@MiaFarrow) September 5, 2020
But isn't it real damn funny that Trump uses ," many" people anonymous sources all of the time ??
Go away , melanoma
Daily Mail: Donald Trump demands Fox reporter Jennifer Griffin is fired after she confirmed Atlantic report.https://t.co/Ryb0SrxPaP
— CeCeResistance (@gumboqueen3030) September 5, 2020