by Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio for VT
On Saturday, Afghan security forces claimed to have killed a leading al-Qaeda commander in the Indian sub-continent. Al-Qaeda leader Abu Muhsin al-Masri, also known as Husam Abd-al-Ra’uf and originally from Egypt, was wanted by the FBI for conspiracy to aid foreign terrorist organisations and for killing US nationals.
«Al Misri, who is identified by his alias Husam Abd-al-Ra’uf on the FBI’s list of most wanted terrorists, was killed in the Andar district of Ghazni province, the NDS official said. “He was caught while we were trying to arresting him.”» wrote the journalists Hikmat NooriRuchi Kumar on The National.
According to the FBI, Al Misri was “wanted in connection with his membership in Al Qaeda, an organisation known for committing acts of terrorism against the government of the United States” and was “believed to be associated with the countries of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Egypt”.
A federal warrant for his arrest was issued by the Southern District Court of New York, on December 27, 2018. Al Misri gave his year of birth as 1958, the FBI said, putting him in his early 60s.Al Qaeda commander Abu Mohsen Al Misri was killed in Afghanistan’s Ghazni province on October 24, 2020, according to Afghan intelligence sources. Courtesy FBI (from The National)
This is the best answer to suspicions advanced by UK diplomat only a few days ago. A former British ambassador and leading UN terrorism monitor has raised serious concerns over the future of the US-Taliban peace deal due to the group’s continued “close ties” with Al Qaeda.
Edmund Fitton-Brown says research by the UN monitoring team reveals Al Qaeda still has a strong presence in Afghanistan and the Taliban’s failure to cut ties with the terror group poses future challenges to the continuation of the peace deal.
«The fragile agreement has faced mounting challenges after the Taliban accused the US of breaching it following US air strikes on its fighters in Helmand province last week» added The National.
The US-Taliban agreement says foreign forces will leave Afghanistan in exchange for security guarantees and a pledge from the insurgents to sit down with the Afghan government to find a peaceful settlement to decades of war.
It was signed on February, 29, 2020, one month later than an American military plane crashed in Afghanistan on Monday 27 January 2020.
The Pentagon has then released an official statement confirming the names of the two dead aviators, one of which served at Headquarters Air Combat Command at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, a military base used for organizing, training, equipping and maintaining combat-ready air, space, cyber and intelligence forces, close to the Central Intelligence Agency Headquarters in Langley too.
The Pentagon added that the men had been supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel, the military’s official designation for the US mission in Afghanistan. The E-11A is used to link troops in the field to headquarters and has been previously described by Air Force pilots as “WiFi in the sky.”
The DoD didn’t confirm, nor did it deny, the hypothesis that on the E-11A Bomber there were CIA agents as supported by the Afghan mujahiddin, the first to intervene on the spot, and that among them there was also the commander for operations in the Middle East Michael D’Andrea who would have died.
Veterans Today and Gospa News were the first to reveal the indiscretion that the Cia officer “Dark Prince”, also nicknamed Ayatollah Mike for marrying a Muslim woman, was traveling on the crashed plane, or most likely shot down.
The hypothesis was that the paramilitaries of Tehran wanted to hit the plane precisely because they believed that the CIA mobile command and the commander Michael D’Andrea were on board who would have planned the assassination of General Qasem Soleimani of the Pasudar Quds Forces. This would have been accomplished by sending a special unit armed with Manpada missiles for shoulder launch in that area of eastern Afghanistan which is 600 km from the border with Iran.
General Soleimani was killed with rockets fired by a drone against the convoy of cars on which he traveled on the morning of January 3, 2020 near Baghdad airport, where he had just landed together with Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy commander of the Iraqi Hashid.
Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio
© COPYRIGHT GOSPA NEWS for VETERANS TODAY only
no reproduction without authorization
Fabio is Director and Editor of Gospa News; a Christian Information Journal.
Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio, born on 24/2/1967 in Borgosesia, started working as a reporter when he was only 19 years old in the alpine area of Valsesia, Piedmont, his birth region in Italy. After studying literature and history at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Milan, he became deputy director of a local newspaper and specialized in judicial reporting.
For about 15 years he is a correspondent from Northern Italy for the Italian newspapers Libero and Il Giornale, also writing important revelations on the Ustica massacre, a report on Freemasonry and organized crime.
With independent investigations, he collaborates with Carabinieri and Guardia di Finanza in important investigations that conclude with the arrest of Camorra entrepreneurs or corrupt politicians.
In July 2018 he found the counter-information web media Gospa News focused on geopolitics, terrorism, Middle East, and military intelligence. He is a correspondent from Italy for the French news site Reseau International.
He worked for many years for the magazine Art & Wine as an art critic and curator.