It is common knowledge among sales personnel that creating leads for sales can be very demanding. First, you have to collect leads, groom them, and convince them beyond reasonable doubt to become a sales lead. In the traditional sense, this method is stressful and rigorous. But with an email scraper 80% of the stress is taken away.
What is Email scraping?
Email scraping is also known as email extraction or email harvesting. It is the use of tools to collectively extract email addresses online to be used for any purpose.
Although email scraping is a new technology, it still requires some work. There are a few things one must consider before email scraping. Some of these things include the following;
- Email source: The source of the email is very important. A bad email source with low-quality emails is bad for generating a sales lead. So, you must consider a few factors before deciding on the source to scrape from.
Some of these factors include the quality of the email, how recent the email is, the popularity of the email source, and the demography of the email source.
- Purpose for email scraping: Yes! Why am I web scraping for emails? You need to define the goals for the emails you intend to scrape. Scraping good emails from the right source is one thing, knowing what to with them is another thing.
As a good salesperson, you need to decide on your method of approach. Do you intend to broadcast the same message to all the emails at once? Or would you rather send a personal message to build an organic relationship with each of them? Whatever you decide should be what is best for your business.
- Legality of email scraping in your area: As innocent as the act of email scraping, it is not legal everywhere. The United States do not condone such an act. The CAN-SPAM act of 2003 inhibits the act. Canada and Europe are not exempted. They also have certain anti-spam laws to protect their citizens and businesses from spam messages.
So, while you must have gotten a legit email source and defined their purposes, you might still want to check if it is allowed in your area.
- Choosing the best tools for web scraping: This step is very important. Choosing the best tools for your email scraping project can be tasking. This is because there are lots of subpar tools on the internet today. Well, you do not need to go about looking for the best. Here, five of the best email scrapers are listed.
- Autopark software: This software is one of the best email extractors for Windows. Autopark software allows you to extract multiple emails simultaneously from different sources. Emails can be extracted from social media, websites, and other email accounts.
The software is for both small and well-established businesses. Apart from gathering files from different sources, it also examines these sources via their location. Autopark software costs $69-$259 and a free trial version with restricted features.
- Zoominfo: This tool is user friendly in itself. It allows users to do a direct search on companies and titles on their website. It contains information about companies from all sectors. Therefore it is easy to use zoominfo in creating sales leads. It costs $99 per month with a free trial period.
- Email extractors: This tool is free but it is all you need as a small business owner or freelancer. Most free tools usually come with ad disruptions but this tool is not like that.
Email extractor is an extension of Google chrome that harvest emails from only websites. After extraction, it saves the emails directly to your local hard drive.
- Cute web email extractor: This email scraper is loaded with outstanding features. It harvests emails from both websites and search engines. It AutoSaves the emails with ease. Cute web email extractor also has a user option that allows for search optimization.
In cases where there is a bad network connection, this tool pauses all activities automatically. It is relatively cheap as it cost $59.99 per year.
Email scrapers assist businesses with generating leads, targeting the right demography, promoting sales to leads, and convincing leads of alternatives. With a suitable tool, you are sure to get the best out of email scraping.