Steps to Combat COVID-19
Health Editor’s Note: Yes, Virginia, COVID-19 is real. If you are not practicing the health strategies to avoid contracting and spreading COVID-19, BEGIN NOW! In case you have been living under a rock and have not heard, read, or know what the health strategies are to help to stop the COVID-19 pandemic, here they are with some added by me.
- Universal face mask use and wear it over both nose and mouth
- Stay at the least 6 feet or preferably more from any individual you do not live
- Do not go into groups of any size, indoors or outdoors
- Stay home unless you are buying food, need medicines, or seeking medical care
- DO go outside to exercise but stay physically distanced from anyone you do not live with and do not touch common surfaces such as hand rails, door nobs, handles, etc.
- Do not leave your home if you are ill.
- Do not be around anyone who is ill.
- Do not travel
- Increase ventilation, especially important in the cold months when we are mostly indoors
- If you have any symptoms get tested
- Protect essential workers by wearing a mask and do what you can to not become a coronavirus statistic. Healthcare workers are getting so tired and discouraged.
- Wash, Wash, Wash your hands all the time with soap and water or use alcohol hand gets when you cannot use soap and water
- Never touch your face, mouth, nose, or eyes without first thoroughly washing your hands
- When a COVID-19 vaccine becomes available, GET IT!
It is not hard to understand or know that these will cut the surging of numbers of cases and deaths due to COVID-19…..Carol