Every online business owner wants to ensure high stable traffic and, accordingly, a lot of sales. Since we all live in a digital world, getting high revenue is associated with the online business promotion, and it is an SEO specialist who does the promo miracles. In this post, we want to explain the basic responsibilities of a good SEO specialist and what expertise you need to have to get such a position.
Becoming a Junior SEO Specialist Is…
One should have Google certifications and know the industry basics in order to effectively operate on the market. A beginner SEO specialist must clearly understand how search engines work.
The ranking of sites is closely associated with their external and internal optimization. The work of a specialist is aimed at fixing these factors (optimizing the site structure, adding useful content and KW’s, working on a reputation on the network, etc.). If the site meets all these criteria, search robots place it high in the search results.
- Search engine algorithms;
- Principles of digital marketing;
- The basics of online advertising;
- Copywriting rules;
- Usability specs.
What Should an SEO Specialist Be Able to Do?
Of course, the position requirements may vary greatly. However, there is a basic core that any SEO person should be able to handle:
- Compilation of a broad semantic core;
- Complex internal website optimization;
- Composing meta tags (Title, Description);
- Work with key SEO programs and services (Serpstat, ScreamingFrog, Semrush, etc.)
- Have GA certificates;
- Keep track of every recent Google algorithm update and timely react to any changes;
- Cope with link building;
- Have some understanding of website development.
If you are looking for a position in the field of SEO, then you should have the following:
- Basic front-end dev knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS;
The SEO specialist will have to do a lot of analysis: the general condition of the site, its competitors, current market trends, and then make the necessary improvements on the site.
Stages of Search Engine Promotion of the Site
Implementing an SEO strategy doesn’t happen in one day; it comes in different stages and requires a lot of time and effort:
- Collection and implementation of semantics (key phrases that address the customer’s search intentions);
- Internal optimization (producing site content: meta tags, texts; fixing load speed; setting robots.txt and sitemap.xml);
- External optimization (developing a link profile).
Becoming an Expert
There are a lot of people who pretend to occupy the SEO segment; however, far from each of them can be called a true professional. If you want to reach professional heights, then the below recommendations will help you make it happen:
- Have a combination of theory and practice.
- While gaining theoretical knowledge, try to use the acquired knowledge in practice. Specialized courses and internships are an effective way to become a skillful SEO specialist.
- For operational analysis and correct preparation of the proper semantic core, learn how to use SEO tools: Serpstat, GA, ScreamingFrog, etc.
- Keep an eye on changes and new features on the market. Be creative and do not be afraid to implement something unique.
You should be interested in this business. Only in this way, you can reach success and become a true professional.