Turmeric is a spice that is derived from the turmeric plant. The yellow coloring matter in it is very vital. It is known as Curcumin. It has an excellent bitter taste and is mostly used in flavoring and coloring curry powders, mustards, butter, and cheeses. The root of Turmeric is well-known for medicinal use.
How Does Turmeric Supplement Work?
The chemical in Turmeric, Curcumin, and other chemicals in it lowers inflammation. Hence Turmeric is useful in infections involving inflammation. One can use a turmeric supplement in conditions like:
- Osteoarthritis – Taking Turmeric or mixed with other herbal products might ease pain and increase people’s operation with knee osteoarthritis. Turmeric is effective in carrying out this role, just like Ibuprofen. However, diclofenac is much stronger and effective.
- Hay fever – Once you take Curcumin, it weakens signs of hay fever-like itching, runny nose, congestion as well as sneezing.
- Depression – If somebody is already using an antidepressant, Curcumin in lowering the depression signs and symptoms.
- High cholesterol levels and other fats in the blood are a hyperlipidemia condition. For the triglycerides condition, which is the increased fat level present in the blood, Turmeric effectively reduces the disease.
- Mass increase of fat in the liver and this apply to alcoholics and non-alcoholics. Taking Turmeric lowers the extent to which people with liver disease can be exposed to more damage, but the condition is not necessarily caused by alcohol. Turmeric ensures that more fat does not build up.
- Itching -Through some investigation, a conclusion has been made that taking Turmeric thrice every day in 8 weeks helps people who have lived with kidney disease for a long time by lowering itching. Individuals with chronic itching brought by mustard gas are requested to use Curcumin incorporated with black pepper.
- Turmeric improves antioxidants in your body. The antioxidants safeguard your body against free radicals by neutralizing them because these radicals interfere with useful fatty acids, DNA, and proteins.
- It helps improve your memory by supporting your brain ability and reduces brain disease possibility.
- Curcumin reduces the risk of heart disease due to its anti-inflammatory nature and antioxidant.
- Additionally, Curcumin protects you from cancer, and in some cases, it heals cancer.
- Curcumin also plays a vital in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
How is Turmeric Taken?
The amount of Turmeric taken depends on your health condition. However, you can even, and you will get the amount that works best for you. Research has indicated that taking 500-2000mg of Turmeric every day is equally beneficial to your health. You can take Turmeric in powder form or with these foodstuffs;
- Add it in soups.
- Prepare tea with the powder.
- Cook rice with turmeric powder.
- You can add it to green vegetables.
- Use it with roasted vegetables.
- Add a pinch of the powder to the scrambled egg.
How is Turmeric Supplement Effective?
Turmeric supplement is mostly considered a therapeutic food spice with many health benefits and not forgetting its perfect way of increasing nutritional value. It is usually used for purposes like; keeping food fresh for a long time and preserving high-quality food for use later. Additionally, it is an ingredient in making curry, used in dyeing clothes in some countries, used as an excellent food color. It is perfect for brewing alcoholic drinks, drinks like tea, and a great medicinal herb.
Turmeric is an excellent supplement that you can count on it. It has so many health benefits, and you can also incorporate it into your meals and be pleased with its performance. To enhance its effectiveness in your health, discuss the right amount you should take with your doctor.