WATCH: @SenSherrodBrown reports publicly for the first time that during the attack on the Capitol he saw a maskless Sen. Graham scream at a Capitol police officer for not "doing enough" to protect the Senators pic.twitter.com/LKkfIkmfiH
— The Beat with Ari Melber on MSNBC 📺 (@TheBeatWithAri) January 12, 2021
- Democrat Sen. Sherrod Brown claims he witnessed Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham screaming at a cop during last Wednesday’s siege of the Capitol
- Graham allegedly told the officer that they had failed in their job to protect politicians
- Brown says he found that remark ironic, given that Graham had ‘aided and abetted Trump and his followers’ for four years
- Graham has been one of Trump’s closest allies and fiercest defenders; the pair golfed together as recently as Christmas Day
- Prior to the attack at the Capitol, the South Carolina senator pledged to contest the Electoral College certification citing concerns about fraud
- However, Graham changed his mind following the siege and appeared to turn on Trump
- ‘Trump and I, we’ve had a hell of a journey. I hate it to end this way… It breaks my heart that my friend would allow yesterday[‘s attack] to happen,’ Graham stated
- It’s somewhat unclear where Graham now stands with the President; the senator said he spent time with the Commander-in-chef on Friday
A maskless Lindsey Graham allegedly screamed at a Capitol police officer during the siege on Congress last Wednesday, saying law enforcement officials did not do enough to protect politicians from President Trump’s MAGA mob.
Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown claimed he witnessed Graham’s dramatic outburst as 75 senators huddled together in a room with their staffers amid the attack.
Brown told MSNBC’s Ari Melber on Monday: ‘Lindsey Graham started screaming at one of the officers, I think it was one of the Captains, saying “How come you didn’t protect us? It’s your job.”
‘This is the same Lindsey Graham that for the past four years… defended and argued for and encouraged and aided and abetted this President and all of his followers,’ Brown stated.
The Ohio senator claimed Graham ‘had his mask off’ and was ‘screaming at the officer from five feet away’.
Graham, one of the Republican Party’s most prominent politicians, has not responded to the allegation. read more…