Inmate searching can be a piece of cake if we know how to go about it. There are numerous free to access databases that anybody around the world can access. Usually, these databases contain information about prisoners who are currently in custody. But there are also a lot of states who give access to prisoners who are off the record. i.e., the history of prisoners who have either completed their sentences and are free or prisoners who have died; this information is provided on the websites for public interest and is free of cost. Websites that charge for such information should not be accessed when looking for a prisoner. Here in this article, we are going to let people know how they can search for a prisoner on a global platform.
Steps To Look For a Prisoner
According to Wikipedia, there are about 2.2 million prisoners only in the United States, so one can imagine what the potential search volume is when we are looking for a prisoner nationwide. However, thanks to technology, no matter how complicated it might seem to the eye, it is not that difficult, provided we know where to start from. Below mentioned are some steps that will make the search even easier.
- To start with, we can just try searching for a prisoner with the help of whatever basic information is available to us. For example, the first name and the last name of the prisoners, or in case we are not aware of their name, we can also try searching for them using their alias name.
- In some cases, when we are searching for a prisoner, we also need to include the gender, date of birth, and approximate age of the prisoner.
- If we wish to meet the inmate physically and we are aware of where he has been imprisoned, we can also choose to send a mail to the jail authorities to approve our visit and make an appointment with the inmate and to confirm our appointment it is best if we send some package money through courier. In case we are doing research and need information on any particular inmate, all we need to do is directly visit him at the faculty.
- In case we are looking for a prisoner on a nationwide platform, we need to first enter the state. We need to remember that if the convict is sentenced in the state prison, their information will only be available with the state department’s official website, whereas on the other hand, if the prisoner is in the federal prison, their information is available only at the FBOP website.
- If we search for an inmate through his full name, date of birth, gender, race, state of arrest, and ID number, we can easily get the name of the prison he is currently in. We will also get the faculty’s contact information that includes a phone number and mailing address, guidelines to send money or package to the inmate, rules, and timings to visit the inmate, and the exact location, along with the GPRS map.
Thus to conclude, it can be said that if we are looking for a prisoner on a nationwide platform, we need the full name of the prisoner; we also need to collect info about the race, gender, date of birth, ID number allotted to the inmate in prison and most importantly the state where the inmate is arrested. This information will help us reach the prisoner in any jail in the world. It will give us the details of the prison where he is and will also give us information about the visiting hours and rules of the prison along with the contact information and direction of the prison so we can reach there without any hassles.