On March 7, Liverpool managed to lose at home even to Fulham, which is in 18th place in the English league. Everything that has happened to the club lately is a horror movie for its fans. Telecomasia.net tells about the situation.
The beginning of spring for the second year in a row is too bad a time for Liverpool. The club was heading for the Premier League championship in 2020, but here’s what happened on 29 February and in March:
- A big defeat to Watford, although there were 26 wins and a draw in 27 games before.
- Following this, elimination from the Cup.
- Disappointing elimination from the Champions League after losing to Atlético.
- A break due to the pandemic along with fears that the season would be cancelled and the long-awaited championship wouldn’t happen.
In the summer the tournament was resumed, and Liverpool quietly brought the season to a celebration, then scoring five goals to Chelsea and began to prepare for the new championship.
The strangeness began early in the new season when Liverpool were suddenly beaten 2-7 by Aston Villa in the fourth round. But the first half of the season was quite successful and the club even scored seven goals against Crystal Palace in December. Then came the difficulties.
- In the next 14 Premier League games, Liverpool have won just three times, taking only 12 points.
- During this time, they lost eight (!) times.
- Six in a row of these defeats at Anfield.
- Liverpool have failed to score in five of their six home losses.
It all looks scary. Jurgen Klopp’s side last won at home on 16 December. Eight matches without a win. Besides the six defeats, the club has not beaten Manchester United and West Bromwich. None of the last 115 shots on target have turned into a goal.
Liverpool are already out of both Cups and will not take the title in the Premier League, as they are more than 20 points behind City. Worse, even getting into the Champions League next season will be problematic.
As a consolation, the Champions League remains, and there is a good 2-0 lead before the home match with Leipzig. Liverpool’s home games are so terrible now, but Anfield will have nothing to do with the Champions League. The club will play with Leipzig in Budapest.
And for the second year in a row, Liverpool face a very sad spring. And there is no end in sight.