Teenagers are one of the most difficult people to communicate with. It is not surprising: this age is the time when the body of a kid transforms, it is also the time of first decision making. That is why it is hard for many tutors to talk to teenagers and as a result of insufficient communication to involve them in language learning.
Several rules can help you get connected with a kid, so after you can introduce to them some essential words and phrases in studying German, for example.
- Build trust. It is crucial in communication with a teenager. Without is all the attempts to encourage your teenage student to learn German will fail: when learning a language, we have to speak out loud with mistakes. It is not possible to do if you are ashamed of doing that in fon of your tutor and a language buddy.
- Find the approach. This step might seem to be hard as well (nothing is easy with teenagers), but if you try to listen to the kids and understand what they like, you might find a way to work with them effectively.
- Learn about their interests. Music, fashion, and food are great topics when involving a teenager in learning the language. Parents and tutors who want that their kids communicate with them should learn the interests of their kids.
How to Make a Teenager Learn German?
There are some golden rules for encouraging kids to learn foreign languages. We made a list of the top rules to make you teenagers study a foreign language. Let’s take a closer look at it.
Choose a Fun Way of Learning German
It is always pleasant to learn something the way you like. Teenagers are the same: the more interesting the lesson or activity, the better they can learn how to interact in the German language. You also can see that in the statistics that show the dependence on the learning way, and the number of foreign languages teenagers speak.
The number of ways you can make it fun when learning German is endless. There are two categories of the way you can make in engaging with a kid:
Our century is full of digital services that teenagers like a lot. You can make them useful for making your student studying.
- A lot of parents hate TikTok because teenagers spend lots of time there. Use it! Make up a home task to make a tutorial/video in German about the things they like. Reverse the useless into efficient.
- Netflix. This streaming service provides great learning opportunities. Next time you are going to make a movie night, turn on the German subtitles. Your teenagers might learn while watching their favorite series and movies.
There is also a traditional approach to making the learning of German fun. Let’s see the games you can play with teenagers to entertain them while learning the language.
- Word games. This is a classic game when you are guessing a work taken from the context.
- It might seem weird, but teenagers love riddles. Try them next lesson!
Pick a Proper Tutor
Tutors are crucial too. Picking up the right German tutor will make the process fun and exciting even if it is online education. There are many services to look into when searching for the right choice. Look through the database of the teachers to consider some of them:
- Take into account their experience working with teenagers;
- Don’t forget to look at the qualifications;
- Book a trial session to make sure that you made the right choice.
To Sum It Up
There are more ways to make your teenager get involved in learning German as a foreign language. Some of them include stressing the benefits of learning the language. It is a good way for the kids who know how to work systematically. It can not work with the kids who are indifferent about their future now.
The ways we introduced in the article will work for every teenager: for the ones who are prepared and not prepared for hard work. Leaning and having fun is the approach that has never failed any foreign language tutor.