The workplace has gone through a huge transition. Not many businesses and organizations had planned for this but had to go through it. After a few weeks of difficulty and pilot projects, most employers have allowed remote working indefinitely. This is the virtual work culture, where everyone can work online. And because the internet allows communication and works for multiple businesses, employees have been working virtually. Calls and meetings are done online with cameras ensuring that it mimics a real-life meeting. Because people are more at home, have their sex lives changed? Have people been able to focus on their sex lives more? The memes and some interesting news do seem to show that.
- A number of work calls and meetings have become virtual. Co-workers meet and connect on virtual platforms with video cameras on, to conduct discussions. But the difference is they are at home. Now we all noted how many instances of nudity and sexual activities came to the fore when this happened. Some people or their partners were seen in various stages of undress and others were caught having sex in full view of the camera.
- If someone is at home, it means they are spending more time with their partners. In a period of lull or whenever they feel like, they can get intimate with their partner. There is no need to wait as you aren’t in different places. You are at home; you can take a 30-minute quickie.
- During the pandemic when everyone was working from home, adult businesses did see a significant rise in orders. Sex toys and sex dolls such as My Robot Doll had a record number of sales. Even condoms were sold in high quantities. This clearly shows that many chose to spend time focusing on their sex lives during this time.
- Dating apps and websites along with cam sex businesses did extremely well. These were virtual already and hassle-free usage made them quite popular.
- Couples were at home more often and would be closer to each other.
- Being stuck indoors can be frustrating and sex is one of the best ways to relieve frustration and stress. It can also be a good distraction.
- Because there isn’t much to do, couples could engage more in sexual acts.
There were various reasons people were having a lot more sex during this time. And as a result, there will be quite a few covid babies. Some of the main factors for this were:
Some couples have anonymously shared how they are having five times more sex in the pandemic. Many are quarantining together as it can be increasingly difficult to stay alone in a pandemic with lockdowns and restrictions in place. Staying in close quarters have led to better communication and understanding. Couples only have each other while staying at home and are working virtually so they tend to get closer.
Even singles have had more time to focus on their bodies and needs. When people go to work, they have a lot to focus on. But with work from home, the travel time is reduced and suddenly you have time in your hands. Plus, if you want to use your lunch break for something more than just getting a meal, you can do that too. Singles have also gone online to purchase sex toys, sex dolls from sino-doll and personal pleasuring devices. Whenever there is a break or if someone wants to take a break, they just need to switch the camera off or enjoy pleasure when they aren’t on calls. No need to get home from work. You can get an orgasm yourself on your time. May be, we will see more innovative ideas coming up as we continue to work virtually, and that is an important reason for increasing popularity of sex dolls, adult toys, and erotica.