by Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio for VT Mediterranean
For about two years we have been repeating on every occasion that Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel’s illegitimate premier after the failure of 4 elections in the country and despite trials for serious corruption, is the contemporary transfiguration of the Nazi Adolf Hitler. This conviction comes from the nerve-wracking bombing, often fatal, that the Israel Defense Forces has conducted over Syria over the past three years, helping to cause various massacres including the downing of a Russian reconnaissance plane in September 2018.
As happened in the meeting on Monday, the United States opposed the adoption of a joint declaration, deemed “counterproductive”. For Washington, “the Security Council shows its concern by meeting, nothing else is needed”. “The US does not seem to consider the possibility that a declaration could contribute to a de-escalation,” added another diplomat.
According to various sources, 14 of the 15 Council members were in favor of approving a text, proposed by Tunisia, Norway and China, with the aim of reducing tension. “Israel has the right to defend itself” Thus President Joe Biden, indicating that he had spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and indicating that he hopes that the conflict will end as soon as possible.
United Nations envoy to the Middle East, Tor Wennesland, told the Security Council that the current violence is “the most serious escalation between Israel and Palestinian militants in years”. He is concerned, diplomats said, that it could lead to civil war. Wennesland informed the Council behind closed doors, for the second time in three days, on the deterioration of the situation, on which the most powerful organ of the UN has not acted so far.
UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric said Secretary General Antonio Guterres and Wennesland both reiterated that “the indiscriminate firing of rockets and mortars from highly populated civilian neighborhoods into civilian population centers violates international humanitarian law.” Wennesland acknowledges Israel’s legitimate security concerns, but reiterated that “the Israeli security forces should exercise maximum restraint, calibrate their use of force to spare civilians”.
France, Estonia, Ireland and Norway issued a statement urgently calling for “easing tensions, ending violence and showing maximum restraint”, condemning rocket firing from Gaza into Israel and calling civilian casualties on both sides “worrying. and unacceptable “. There was a shower of rockets arrived from Gaza – over a thousand of which 850 were intercepted by the Iron Dome defense system and 200 exploded in the Strip – to which the Israeli army responded with dozens and dozens of attacks on Hamas and Islamic Jihad targets. . According to the ministry of health in Gaza, a new death toll from Israeli raids is 65 dead and about 400 injured.
Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu informed the security cabinet that Israel has rejected truce proposals from Hamas. Ynet News writes, adding that the cabinet has been asked to approve attack plans for the next few days. According to the media, the army is asking political leaders for more time to strike Hamas decisively before the ceasefire.
Israel has decided to intensify operations in Gaza The Israeli security cabinet has approved the intensification of the operations of the army on the Strip. The media reported it. According to TV Channel 12, Israel is preparing to strike at the symbols of Hamas power in Gaza, including for example the Ministry of Finance. A move that, according to analysts, indicates that the conflict is destined to last even more days.
Israeli planes bombed and destroyed the al-Shourouk tower, a tall residential building in Gaza city, after warning residents to flee. Images shared on Twitter show the building collapsing in a cloud of white smoke. On Tuesday, Israel destroyed two more tall buildings of over ten floors in Gaza city, always warning the inhabitants. According to the Times of Israel, high-ranking Hamas commanders resided there.
In retaliation, a barrage of rockets fired from Gaza hit southern Israel, particularly in the Ashkelon area. The media reports. Hamas said it fired 130 rockets in reaction to the demolition of the al-Shourouk tower in Gaza and the killing of some of its military leaders.
THE APARTHEID AT THE ORIGIN OF THE CLASHES
It is useless to go around it. At the origin of this fierce confrontation is Netanyahu’s decision to win the sympathies of the anti-Islamic Israeli extrenists by legitimizing a continuation of his government mandate that he was unable to obtain on the political level. After the 28 days required by law for consultations, Bibi “returned the mandate”. In a stalemate that has lasted too long, the President of the Republic Reuven Rivlin has given the job to Yar Lapid, the rising star of the opposition.
But the latter did not even have time to start the consultations that he was faced with the fait accompli of a war triggered by an undeclared strategy but in all similar to apartheid. To remind younger people, apartheid was an extremist policy of racial discrimination pursued by white minorities in the Republic of South Africa and implemented by any means, including violent, to the detriment of the freedom and civil rights of black indigenous people, formally abolished in 1991 after the battles. for civil rights by Nelson Mandela, Nobel Peace Prize winner in 1993.
What happened in East Jerusalem really recalls those persecutions because Netanyahu imposed provocative restrictions in the month of Ramadan, the most important period for Muslims devoted to the rites of Islam.
In Jerusalem, during the month-long fasting and prayers, Muslims often visit Damascus Gate Plaza and the Al-Aqsa Mosque. However, they were denied this right this year. At the start of Ramadan on April 12, Israeli police erected barriers around Damascus Gate Plaza preventing anyone from visiting the site. Police said the barriers were not intended to restrict access to the square, but instead to improve the flow of pedestrians into the Old City.
The decision sparked the reaction of Palestinians living in Jerusalem as they felt humiliated by the Israeli authorities, especially as Haredi Jews had unhindered access to their holy sites in April despite the country’s coronavirus restrictions. Hundreds of Palestinians gathered to protest the decision but were dispersed by police using water cannons and stun grenades. A subsequent decision by the Jerusalem authorities to limit the number of worshipers in one of Jerusalem’s main Muslim mosques, Al-Aqsa, to 10,000 people due to the ongoing pandemic, only added fuel to the fire and sparked a new uprising that culminated in scores of arrests.
This prompted Hamas to issue an ultimatum to Israel for the release of the prisoners. At the end, the hail of rockets began in the Israeli territories bordering the Gaza Strip, to which the IDF aviation responded with numerous air raids by making use of the most massive military power.
Before the outbreak of the conflict The UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, had “expressed his deep concern at the continuing violence in occupied East Jerusalem, as well as the possible evictions of Palestinian families from their homes in the neighborhoods of Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan” . In a note from the spokesman, he “urged Israel to stop the demolitions and evictions, in line with its obligations under international humanitarian law”.
“The Israeli authorities – the note continued – must exercise the utmost restraint and respect the right to freedom of peaceful assembly. All leaders have a responsibility to take action against extremists and to speak out against acts of violence and instigation”, continued the statement. Guterres also urged to “maintain and respect the status quo in the holy places”.
Netanyahu obviously ignored the UN appeal altogether in the same way that, a few months ago, he ignored the UN resolution for the release of the occupied territories in the Golan Heights, stolen from Syria since 1967. It is evident. that the protection granted by the US to Bibi, yesterday by Donald Trump today by Joseph Biden, makes Israel feel entitled to carry out any violation of human rights, such as the continuing attacks on Iranian militias remained in the Syrian nation after helping President Bashar Al Assad to defeating ISIS, believed by many intelligence’s analyst to be closely related to Mossad, Israel’s counterintelligence.
Beyond the extremisms exacerbated in 60 years of clashes between Israelis and Arabs in Palestine, it would be necessary to retrace the roots of hatred that find a reason in the infamous Balfour declaration with which the United Kingdom, on November 2, 1917, complied with the requests of Lord Walter Rothschild to give an answer to the Zionist Movement, a political organization founded by the Ashkenazi-Khazars to artificially build a homeland for this lobby of Jewish origin but far removed from the authentic Israelite lineage.
Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio
© COPYRIGHT GOSPA NEWS
no reproduction without authorization
Fabio is Director and Editor of Gospa News; a Christian Information Journal.
Fabio Giuseppe Carlo Carisio, born on 24/2/1967 in Borgosesia, started working as a reporter when he was only 19 years old in the alpine area of Valsesia, Piedmont, his birth region in Italy. After studying literature and history at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart in Milan, he became deputy director of a local newspaper and specialized in judicial reporting.
For about 15 years he is a correspondent from Northern Italy for the Italian newspapers Libero and Il Giornale, also writing important revelations on the Ustica massacre, a report on Freemasonry and organized crime.
With independent investigations, he collaborates with Carabinieri and Guardia di Finanza in important investigations that conclude with the arrest of Camorra entrepreneurs or corrupt politicians.
In July 2018 he found the counter-information web media Gospa News focused on geopolitics, terrorism, Middle East, and military intelligence. He is a correspondent from Italy for the French news site Reseau International.
He worked for many years for the magazine Art & Wine as an art critic and curator.