Weed is the world’s most cultivated, marketed, and sold the drug, and vast legalization across North America and Europe has only made the miracle-maker more popular. Recently, the industry has been undergoing a revolution thanks to weed delivery in the US. The COVID-19 pandemic pushed retailers and wholesalers across the country to close shop and take their business online. As the push for further legalization both home and abroad grows, investors and entrepreneurs are looking for more opportunities. Black Rabbit Weed delivery in the US might be the solution for the troubles that the marijuana-related supply chain has been facing due to the pandemic. Read on to learn more about the impact that weed delivery services have made on the industry within the US.
How legal is cannabis in the US?
While weed is the world’s most popular drug in terms of cultivation volume and consumption, the legality surrounding it isn’t always succinct. The 2018 Farm Bill helped legalize hemp products within the country. However, this only includes products that contain less than 0.3% THC, which is the cannabinoid that gives weed its mind-altering effects. Meanwhile, these legal restrictions do not seem to be holding the industry back, as it was worth $13.6 billion in 2019. The enterprise also helped provide jobs to over 340,000 individuals, as per a report released by the New Frontier Data. As of 2021, 35 states have legalized medical marijuana, whereas 16 allow individuals to buy marijuana for recreational purposes.
How has weed delivery helped the cannabis industry?
As the number of states legalizing weed continues to grow, most entrepreneurs are looking for ways to broaden their customer base. Across the cannabis industry, one of the most significant issues that have been gaining a lot of traction is that of product delivery. Most legislators fear that allowing weed delivery services to function will lead to the drug making its way into family-filled areas and neighborhoods. As a result, only a handful of states have given the green light for legal weed delivery services. While 11 states allow adults to enjoy cannabis legally, only four enable individuals to order it online.
What are the positive impacts of delivery services?
Additionally, the medicinal benefits of the wonder-drug have also helped improve its sales. As a result, weed delivery services in the US have helped businesses register their highest revenues during this lockdown. Hence, it is easy to see how vital such services are to the industry. Several small companies within Oregon now provide their employees’ various benefits, such as sick leave, thanks to such services. In March, the Michigan Governor brought into effect an executive order that allowed dispensaries to perform delivery services. Hence, we are already seeing signs that more such legalization will come through as legislators acknowledge the benefits of marijuana.
Delivery Services During the Pandemic
The COVID-19 outbreak will lead to several outcomes, with a prominent one being retailers adapting better to ever-changing customer behavior. More and more retailers offer services, such as curbside pickup and delivery, depending on their state laws. Lockdown regulations and travel restrictions have significantly impacted consumer purchase habits. As a result, more and more people opt for online ordering, pickup, drive-through lanes, or delivery services.
The pandemic also exposed the inefficiencies and vulnerability of the supply chain that handles cannabis. Companies sourcing materials from overseas markets were hit the hardest due to global lockdowns. Hence, it is clear that cannabis shopping has been changed forever due to the pandemic. However, most of the changes are positive, with several retailers and stores securing the tag of an ‘essential business’ during these times. The move, which essentially helped put cannabis food dispensaries on par with pharmacies and supermarkets, proves how vital the industry has become. The shift from traditional stores to online retail and delivery will shift the industry’s trajectory in the years to come.
What to know about weed delivery services
- Delivery services have made things easier for people who are uncomfortable going to dispensaries, require medical marijuana consistently, or cannot physically leave their homes. Additionally, it also helps users who prefer the discretion that such services provide, helping revolutionize the industry in the US.
- In most states, individuals have to show the delivery person some identity proof before signing for the package for verification purposes.
- Individuals need to properly research retailers before ordering to ensure they are purchasing from licensed stores that carry tested products.
- Delivery services differ when it comes to timing, service areas, price, minimum orders, operating hours, menu emphasis, and customer service. Hence, individuals need to go through the websites of such service providers to find someone that meets their needs and requirements.
- Such delivery services can drop off products only to residential addresses as delivery to parks, car parks, and other community centers is not legal. Legality depends on local rules and guidelines for delivering to hotels and non-residential areas.
- Since these services are relatively new, it is best to start with those that boast of high customer service scores to be on the safe side. Some of the different types of delivery services available are as follows;
- On-demand delivery provides their services as fast as pizza delivery.
- Scheduled delivery works similarly to Amazon’s package delivery system.
- Subscription boxes that work perfectly for individuals who consistently use these products.
- Membership clubs that bring the best of savings and delivery to consumers.
A Pew Research survey found that over 67% of Americans wish for cannabis legalization, two times the public support it had in 2000 at 31%. Studies also show that the industry will be worth $85 billion by 2030 due to the changing attitude of people towards the drug. Additionally, marijuana use within the past decade has doubled to 9% for adults between the ages of 50 and 64. Over the years, weed has grown from being merely a drug to a medical wonder that possesses several medicinal and therapeutic properties. As more studies and research highlight these properties of hemp extracts, the popularity of such products will rise even further.
Weed delivery services will help facilitate such an increase in demand by making product delivery quicker and more efficient. As a result, the market will have an easier time expanding to new avenues and adding a more varied client base. The pandemic has exposed problems in the supply chain management of various goods and items. However, further legalization of weed delivery services in the US will help provide wings to an industry on the rise. Are you looking forward to such delivery services? If so, let us know in the comments below how you think such services can help people during these troubled times.