VT believes they are orchestrated around the country and has found evidence that police organizations receive cover from foreign intelligence agencies
Pastor Marvin Hunter
The Great Uncle of Laquan McDonald
- O. Box 23344
Chicago, IL. 60623
- S. Senator Timothy Eugene Scott
of South Carolina
717 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510
To the Honorable Senator Timothy Eugene Scott:
My name is Rev. Marvin Hunter, Senior Pastor of the Grace Memorial Baptist Church and the great uncle of the slain Chicago teen, Laquan McDonald. My great nephew was shot (16) times, by former Chicago Police Officer, Jason Van Dyke. Mr. Van Dyke was convicted and the judge made a unilateral decision to reduce his sentence and in the reduction of that sentence and the action of Jason Van Dyke, started a national protest across the country and around the world. It set the stage for riots to begin as police killings continue to happen.
I am writing this letter to request a House Select Committee hearing surrounding the police killings, the Uniform Disciplinary Peace Officers Act, the Chicago Consent Decree on police misconduct, the selling of guns by the U. S. Military to street gangs in Chicago and the Chicago race riots after the George Floyd murder.
We believe that the Uniform Disciplinary Peace Officers Act, exist in the State of Illinois and in every state in the union. It gives the framework to the municipalities to have a fair and equitable contract with the police departments, that they hire. However, we believe that the Uniform Disciplinary Peace Officers Act, violates the 4th & 14th Amendments rights of the American citizens, as well as, gives the police officers immunity from their criminal conduct, while on duty.
Because of the Laquan McDonald killing, the former U. S. President, Barack Obama, sent the U.S. Justice Department, at our request, to investigate the Chicago Police Department and upon their investigation, the U.S. Justice Department found our request to be valid. The Chicago Police Department, has a shameless history of corruption. As a result, an indefinite consent decree was implemented. However, we have a new Mayor and under this Mayor, the consent decree has not been fulfilled. This city administration has only implemented 20% of the consent decree, leaving 80% unimplemented.
We have observed that this inaction is potentially illegal. Now given this situation, we believe that the Chicago Police Department under the direction of the Mayor is derelict of their duty.
As it pertains to the riots that have taken place in the City of Chicago, as well as, failure to properly investigate the murders in the City of Chicago, we are calling for a select house committee hearing investigation of these issues.
Statistically speaking, murders, rapes, robberies, car jackings and hate crimes, have gone uninvestigated and overall crime is up 40%, in the City of Chicago.
For the record, there have been recent media accounts that members of the U.S. Military, was selling guns to citizens and non-citizens of the City of Chicago and throughout the United States. It is a fact that at least 190 guns were sold in the City of Chicago and responsible for multiple murders. We believe that as a result of their involvement in placing illegal guns in the city, it has caused unrest and gang territorial fractions to be at war with one another and is threatening the safety and security of the citizens of the City of Chicago and vicinity.
We are humbly appealing to you as we have done before as we testified to the U.N., in 2008 about human rights violations, we believe is taking place in the City of Chicago and America, at large. We are requesting you to conduct a select committee hearing immediately. We are requesting in the spirit of the landmark Kerner report authored by former Governor of Illinois, Otto Kerner. This House Select Committee Hearing must answer at least the following questions:
- Who’s responsible for these riots?
- Why these riots happened?
- How to ensure that these riots will never happen again?
- Why the Federal Consent Decree has not been fully enforced?
We thank you for your consideration of our request. We prayerfully await your response.
Rev. Marvin Hunter, Pastor Mr. Paul McKinley
Grace Memorial Baptist Church National Black Activist
Great Uncle of slain teen, Laquan McDonald