Acai bowls are thick smoothie bowls that can be topped with a variety of ingredients. They’re prepared with pulped and flash-frozen acai berries, pureed with other frozen fruit, and served in a bowl with a selection of fresh fruit, granola, seeds, nuts, peanut butter, and other toppings. Acai is known for being a little sweeter, with a similar taste to blackberries or blueberries, vibrant color, creamy texture, versatility, and are touted as an antioxidant-rich superfood.
Make an Acai bowl to get some extra fruit into your day in one of the most refreshing ways we know how. These smoothie bowls are a filling breakfast option that’s simple to customize for everyone at the table. Blueberries, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, and other toppings are blended and served in a bowl.
Ingredients for Acai Bowl
- Frozen banana slices (Half cup)
- Gluten free unsweetened Coconut Milk (Half cup)
- Frozen pineapple chunks (Half cup)
- Pure Natural Vanilla Extract (1 tbsp)
- Frozen pure unsweetened acai berry puree of 3.5 ounces each (2 pouches)
Additional/ Optional Toppings
- Sliced mango pieces
- Sliced kiwi
- Chia seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Sliced strawberries
- Chopped nuts
- Mix the pineapple, banana, coconut milk, acai puree, and vanilla in a blender container on a high speed until completely smooth.
- After turning off the blender and pour the acai mixture into bowls with a rubber spatula.
- Optional fruit and toppings can be added as desired. You may either eat it right away or freeze it for up to 40 minutes.
Helpful Kitchen Tips:
- Use any frozen fruits you choose in this acai bowl.
- Acai berries are thought to be a superfood. The purple berries resemble grapes in appearance and grow on palm trees rather than bushes.
- This acidic but refreshing flavor of this fruits is a mix of blackberry and raspberry, with a hint of dark chocolate.
- Pureed acai berries can be obtained from the supermarket freezer sections, as well as at health food stores and internet suppliers.
Rich in antioxidants
In acai berries, antioxidants to neutralize free radicals and protect your cells from damage. Acai berries are particularly high in plant components named as anthocyanins, including specific types like cyanidin 3-rutinoside and cyanidin 3-glucoside, according to research. In one study, 12 healthy adults who consumed acai pulp and applesauce for 24 hours had higher antioxidant levels in their blood. Acai berries’ antioxidant content has been associated in human and animal studies to lower cholesterol, improved brain function, and reduced colon cancer cell development.
The vitamins and nutrients in an acai bowl range from Vitamin C to Calcium. They are rich in antioxidants, which can assist your body fight diseases and cancer while also reducing stress hormones. Antioxidants can also help the body rid itself of toxins through the skin. Acai is also high in fibre, which is good for your digestion. Overall, these delectable confections are beneficial for your health.
At Creations, we always use the highest quality materials. Our goal is to give the best-tasting items to our clients while also considering their health. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, make comments, or express your concerns.