The military community is an extended family and, like any family, it needs to travel occasionally. Being part of this very special community, you will oftentimes experience the appreciation and gratitude coming your way from random individuals and a variety of business owners willing to provide you with more than a simple “Thank you for your service” salute. Among them, a number of travel, as well as leisure providers and even issuers of credit cards, will bring you a host of nice discounts as gestures of appreciation.
If you are currently looking to plan a fun vacation as you have been recently discharged and you are searching for the best destinations to go to, these next ideas and tips should be helpful.
Honolulu is Hawaii’s capital city and also one of the best destinations for recently dispatched military members looking for a fun and relaxing getaway to recharge their batteries and spend some quality time with the family.
Honolulu is a gorgeous volcanic archipelago gateway to this beautiful region located in the Central Pacific. You will be able to reach any of the gorgeous beaches here by strolling nearby an impressive urban scenery made of high-end luxury resorts and hotels. Many of them offer nice discounts for members of the military along with a warm “mahalo”, so be sure to check them out and save 15% or more on your accommodation to a luxury resort there. Some of these hotels will require you to use a special promo code (usually “MILITARY”), and you will need to present your valid military ID during the check-in procedure.
What to Expect to Discover in Honolulu
Most of the hotels here will welcome military guests with:
- the most charming lobby areas and the friendliest island hospitality
- generous relaxation spaces where you will have the opportunity to unwind and swim in the temperature-controlled pools
- tanning on the sun decks
- professional barbecue grills for an ad-hoc barbecue party
- state-of-the-art gyms
- small kitchenettes or full-fledged kitchens so you can enjoy all the privacy you need
- a unique culinary experience in town at one of the luxury restaurants in the area
- Playstation 3 games in the rooms
Be sure to give these places a try if you are planning a short or a long stay military vacation here. Waikiki will allow you to experience a little slice of everything while letting you change, have a sudden, last-minute change of heart, and switch to a different itinerary according to your mood. You could learn how to surf here, dine at a 5-star restaurant, go on a shopping spree, or dancing at the cool clubs there. There are 9 gorgeous beaches in Waikiki, along with the Waimea Waterfall, and Diamond Head for a panoramic view from atop the majestic extinct volcanic crater ready to be discovered here.
Plan A Holiday In The Caribbean
You will find year-round perfect warm weather for the type of relaxation you are looking for. Barbados is truly a jewel of the Caribbean and is truly a paradise-like spot for anyone looking for one-of-a-kind sceneries and experiences thanks to the amazing mixture of nationalities and cultures you will find here.
Why the Caribbean?
There are also plenty of excellent resorts in the Caribbean that are ready to show their appreciation for your service via cool discounts for both American and Canadian military members. You could book an affordable All-Inclusive vacation at a luxury resort here and enjoy a much-deserved getaway to a place with endless white sands and the most gorgeous and exclusive beaches on the planet.
What to Expect to Discover in the Caribbean?
- luxury accommodations at state-of-the-art hotels and resorts
- unlimited refreshments
- some of the coolest water sports
- ideal family accommodation
- amazing beaches in Jamaica, Turks & Caicos, and other popular areas
- a rich plethora of natural landscapes suitable for those of you with a passion for the wild side of nature and adventurous vacations
- spectacular lakes, waterfalls, mountains, and tropical jungle landscapes
Orlando hosts some of the most trustworthy tourism brands and resorts on the planet. The place is drenched in theme parks and exciting attractions for the whole family and excellent hotels that offer top discounts for dispatched members of the military.
You will find some of the coolest themed parks here, including:
- Jurassic World VelociCoaster opened in the summer of 2021 and you will find it at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. This will be the tallest and the quickest launch coaster in Florida and it will introduce you to a cool story and some of the most intense maneuvers that will catapult you at 70 mph over 150 feet, straight up, along with the most fearful predators in prehistoric times.
- Aquatica Orlando has also prepared the big opening of the Riptide Race in the summer of 2021 and it is the first-ever dueling waterslide in Florida that will have you racing side-by-side with the rest of the riders at some breath-taking speeds while trying to navigate the tight loops and adrenaline-pumping accelerations across no less than 650 feet of crazy slides.
- The Museum of Illusions in Orlando, In the game ICON Park (a cool entertainment center/arcade with 70+ games including VR, escape rooms with cool themes), ICON park Slingshot, or the Park Drop Tower are additional attractions for a fantastic vacation here.
What to Expect to Discover in Orlando?
Get ready for one of the biggest music festivals held outdoors in the US. Dr. Phillip Center and book your own elevated box that can host up to 5 people, go on a shopping spree at the Mall at Millenia and take advantage of a complimentary, 2-hour Personal Stylist session while having all your shopping bags delivered straight to your hotel, or check out the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex nearby if you are passionate about the space. There are loads of things to do in Orlando and the coolest hotels will provide you with generous military discounts, so be sure to ask!