By Nahed al Husani for VT Damascus
The Mediterranean and coastal flights of a new Chinese drone are being identified off the coast near Latakia in western Syria.
– NATO’s air defense department has confirmed that UAVs very similar to China’s Y-9JB, TB-001 and BZK-005 have been identified off the western coast of Syria since early September.
– According to NATO data, these Y-9JB, TB-001 and BZK-005 UAVs have an operational altitude of 10,000-8,000 meters, which is almost the same as Turkey’s ANKA, making air operations easier.
– In addition, it is accurately identified that the operator of this drone is operated by SYAA and SAAN, not by the Russian and Turkish armed forces.
– In addition, NATO estimates that China’s arms are actively supported by the Syrian Ministry of Defense, as Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi’s visit to Syria two months ago has promised Syria support for a large number of Chinese-made weapons.
– According to China’s data, these drones have an operational radius of 260 km and can operate for 6 hours, making it possible to operate on all coasts of Syria.
– In conclusion, we need to check China’s support for Syrian forces in the future.
— SK Anand (@di_an) July 18, 2017