By Nahed al Husaini, VT Damascus
– A large-scale F-35B take-off and landing exercise was conducted for three days until today in the Mediterranean Sea near 25 NM west of Latakia, Syria.
– This exercise was conducted as part of NATO’s naval operations, but it was conducted by the US Marines and the Navy using three amphibious assault ships led by the US military.
– And NATO considers these F-35Bs to be a very important exercise in that more than 30 F-35Bs were assembled in the Mediterranean with most of the US Navy’s 5th Fleet operating in the Mediterranean and Indian Oceans.
– In particular, in that the exercise was carried out on the route of the Russian fleet entering Syria, it clearly means that the operational goal was “interruption of the Russian navy”.
– In addition, NATO considers this exercise to be a very unusual operation in that the latest air force of the US Marine Corps gathered and operated near Syria.