VT: We have taken the bull by the horns here. We have entered a bitter controversy over ‘the burger’…
Our suggestion…as to our ‘burger hack’…
Try it. We have and have run it against the best. We used a mix of ‘Triple D’ experiences, a touch of Gordon Ramsey and apply it to available materials which can be done by anyone…in ten minutes. The results will stand against anything but a Houston based Fuddrucker…..as their meat is beyond anything in the Midwest
We should have called this ‘The Burger War in Ukraine’
…by the Senior Editor
With so much talk about Ukraine, time an expert speaks out. In the absence of an expert…I will do my best. Listen to no one…the bullshit is drowning us all. Some facts:
– Russia was promised secure borders. I was privy to what is in the agreement that paid $365 million to Gorby. The accords have been gone over dozens of times for other reasons.
– Among those reasons was the coup in Georgia, replacing the government there, and the immediate move against South Ossetia. Our CIA director and his chief of staff explained it all to me while they were getting a flight for Tbilisi. I remember every word of it…which is a warning to some.
– The overthrow of the Russian puppet government in Ukraine was not unexpected. Russia really got blindsided there. The move, used as cover facilities in Poland for torturing innocent kidnapped fake terrorists is also a major training facility for Gladio, alive and well.
– Ah…Gladio. The new version was sold to the Bush administration…with tons of Gulf Cartel cash paid out to sweeten the pot, banked from Cuba, secret accounts in the Caymans. It is all in the recording of that FBI agent that came to us in 2012…laundering the cash…though banks tied to major US families….like those who own all those stores. We have it all…every single word.
– Running Gladio this time is “Ukrainians” and “Turks.” All are Israeli citizens. They used Gladio/Freemason trained snipers, part of the teams that trained Breivik, same place.
– Then they got their lists…and began hunting down not only Russian speakers but anyone who threatened totalitarian rule. This means eliminating media, killing off political rivals, and destroying trade unions. Remember Odessa…this was about wiping out trade unions.
– Then they stole everything in the country…and turned it over to Israelis…like the one who ran the TV network that had a show about a mindless clown.
– Then they made him Prime Minister.
– Russia was always going to move into Donbass…and the reason is simple. Ukraine has totally ignored the Minsk accords…and the US has been silent. Silence by the Israel lobby that seeks both Ukraine and Crimea as homelands and plays both…Russia and Ukraine against one another…a game they are teaching to the Turks and Saudis as well.
– There is nothing whatsoever wrong with the Ukrainian people. That they have been victimized here…by everyone…including the Soviet Union and Russia is very real. Putin lost Ukraine because he was lazy and distracted…
– Then Ukraine was used as a power base by the Kosher Nostra to put Donald Trump into office. The Russians were able to gain 100 percent control over Trump through in-place agents around him…dozens…many of whom are still working for Russia and safe to a degree under Trump pardons.
– But are they really working for Russia or are Kosher Nostra oligarchs vying for power against Putin? Spent a couple of days going over this with our intelligence officials. This is a top concern but…never spoken of.
– Russia didn’t need this and Putin doesn’t want Ukraine. He wants to stop Erdogan. Erdogan and Netanyahu first tried to go after Iran…setting up bases in Azerbaijan together, bringing in weapons through Georgia…where they make bio-weapons and poison gas for the White Helmets.
– Then they destroyed Armenia.
– What Zelensky did with the Minsk accords, Erdogan is going with Russia over his agreements to end terrorism in Idlib and to leave Syria. Instead…he has cut deals with key families in Kurdish Iraq (all people I know personally…).
– One of those deals, going back a few years, was to set ISIS on Iraq with full Turkish backing…full Kurdish backing…and the full backing of the key Sunni families in Baghdad.
– In January 2014, I led a team to Baghdad to discuss ISIS and the defense of Iraq. I met the leaders working with ISIS and told them they were making a mistake. By June, with the fall of Mosul, 9 of the Sunni leaders I met with had been executed by ISIS. ‘Told ya so.’
I could go on forever…but time to discuss something more important. I have always been displeased at the burgers I make at home. Going to local restaurants, and burgers are a $45 lunch now with tip and NO drinks…
An important thing with VT…several of us are foodies.
Burgers are about prep. If you want…list any favorite food and I will do the prep to make it. If I don’t know…Mike Chester will. Mike and I have been cooking together since…well since Kennedy was still alive.
When cooking at home fat can be a problem. It spatters…and though fat might make a burger…pass.
Look for a small meat store that accesses local grass-fed cattle. Use a chuck or ground beef. Hold off on those briskety (I just invented that word) blends.
If you are frying…make sure you have tons of ventilation. I have a 1200 CFM Italian thing that can lift the paper off a counter. It helps.
I use one of two things…based on factors…mostly laziness…the only real factor.
One is a 12 inch…large…even 14 Silverstone frying pan with lid. I also use a cast iron grill…which sits on two burners. I have a built-in grill…I have never used it…it confuses me. (commercial range)
Everything is about prep.
Decide how big burgers need to be…how hungry? How old? How messy?
Lots of choices.
Prep begins with bacon…I fry 4 pieces to medium crisp for 3 burgers.
Campari tomatoes…they sell them everywhere…pricey…buy them. Use two …they are small…slice them carefully and set them aside.
Onions…if you only have cooking onions, consider frying them down with a bit of sugar….like with a “slider.”
But..currently available are Peruvian sweet onions. Pick the flattest ones. Slice half of one of these…carefully…and set aside.
Velveeta. Yes….about 3/4ths of a cup microwaved to melt…and this is VERY DIFFICULT to Time. Get someone to help you..lots of stirring.
Buns are vital. To put us on common ground here, pick up a package of Pepperidge Farm buns…Sour Dough or similar. They are pricey but hold up.
I suggest steaming the buns…and that has to be done carefully…not too much…just to “release.” No toasting. No microwaves.
Or you can use fresh and go from there.
Pickle slices are optional.
Ah..secret sauce. A trick from Smokey Bones.
Make some BBQ sauce…
Small saucepan. Add vinegar…half a cup. Use malt vinegar if you have it. Then 1/4th cup molasses. Then one tablespoon Wrights smoke. I buy the quarts…but you can get a small bottle for about a buck.
You will need about a third of a cup of catsup/ketchup for the body. Sorry.
Oh…brown sugar…about 2/3rds of a cup. heat on low…set aside…it lasts forever…
Ah…now you are playing restaurant…but “good” restaurant.
Go to about a third of a pound for burgers…using the PF buns. Get the steamer going.
You can make a fake steamer with a medium saucepan, crumpled foil…a lid…water, and heat. YouTube probably shows you how. Buy a real one at the Salvation Army.
Make someone else do the side dishes…or buy them in cans.
High heat…season burgers with McCormick’s Montreal Steak seasoning…my choice.
Put bacon in the pan on medium heat…10 minutes there remove and set aside. Retain some fat in the pan. Heat to smoking…the put-in burgers…
Two flips and a minute or two with the lid…then check to see if they are done.
While this is going down…steam the buns…and watch them very carefully.
Don’t forget the Velveeta.
Hot buns out of the steamer on plates…then spoon hot Velveeta on each…generously
place burger on top…
drizzle a small amount of bbq sauce on the burger….you will see why
slice on onion..optional
mustard on the top bun…spoon it over the cheese.
Tomato slices…4 small ones usually.
Hold off on hot peppers and other stuff.
Now the bacon.
Compare to the best restaurant burger. Note that these cost about $4 each to make at home.
Forget about Ukraine.
Gordon Duff posted articles on VT from 2008 to 2022. He is a Marine combat veteran of the Vietnam War. A disabled veteran, he worked on veterans and POW issues for decades.
Gordon is an accredited diplomat and is generally accepted as one of the top global intelligence specialists. He manages the world’s largest private intelligence organization and regularly consults with governments challenged by security issues.
Duff has traveled extensively, is published around the world, and is a regular guest on TV and radio in more than “several” countries. He is also a trained chef, wine enthusiast, avid motorcyclist, and gunsmith specializing in historical weapons and restoration. Business experience and interests are in energy and defense technology.
ATTENTION READERSWe See The World From All Sides and Want YOU To Be Fully Informed
In fact, intentional disinformation is a disgraceful scourge in media today. So to assuage any possible errant incorrect information posted herein, we strongly encourage you to seek corroboration from other non-VT sources before forming an educated opinion.
About VT - Policies & Disclosures - Comment Policy
Interesting take on current world affairs and Ufraine war – forget about Ukraine eat hamburgers .
Seems like the Ukraine war hopeless to stpp might snowball badly.
Have you seen video of “Texas” American fighting on side of the good guys (in my book that is Putins army in Ukraine) being interviewed by Blumenthal….interesting fellow, no peacenik that is for sure. Wants to kill all nazis like snakes. That means alot of Ukrainians. Hopes Putin kills them all takes frontline to Odessa. What happened to peace and love no war.
Had to turn if off when got into discussions about Trudeau and the trucker fuckers.
I like to mix in a little dry ranch dressing powde and a dash of Worcester sauce into my burger and then I prefer to use a ciabatta bun and only REAL Cheddar not that disgusting Velveeta..
just do what i say….then speak up
this is a science for me
I guess I’m just out of touch. Yeah, my beef is all grass fed, I know because they’re in my field. As for cooking, in the summer or when it’s warm, I just use the old go-to Webber and my own hickory chips. When it’s cold or nasty out? I have a 43 YO JennAire that works just fine. Velveeta? Is that even cheese? I think they self describe as ‘cheese product’. I’ll stick with my pepperjack.
Even the FDA ignored Kraft bribes and stated that Velveeta is not real cheese. Although, at one time it was. Try it at your own peril. Mostly whey and milk proteins and preservatives. Sounds like a concoction that Pfizer would push as real medicine. In small dosages, probably not harmful but who knows.
Now that looks like real vegetarian ground beef, not the beef that got fed on fishy stuff mixxed with dried grass pellets.. straight from G.D’s kitchen.
O Gordon, love your love for the “just right” burger. I wish I was so invested. I gave up cheese on burgers twenty years ago. Got to think it muddied the pure essence of the grilled experience. Raw Burmuda onion slice, 1/16″ to 1/8″, ketchup, mustard & summer time beefsteak tomatoe sliced 1/4 to 5/16 the same size as the burger with white iceburg leaf to give it crunch for me. Always willing to learn and discover new foods, tastes & techniques, but I can’t forget Ukraine. Not because of the Nuland Clinton Obama coup, so much as the for how the “Idiot Prince”, AKA POTUS No.42. was out maneuvered and sidelined when Russia came down hard on the hapless Georgian blunderers who thought they could get away with invading Russia. Now that we see the comedian working the same joke. It makes me wionder if ShaskevellI had been given to believe that the U.S. would come to his rescue if he attacked S. Ossetia, perhaps by No. 43 himself, but off the record, in a plausible deniability kind of way. Then to see him fumble and stumble for some practable means to do something, anything that would save the day, and his face. Only to see him sulk off & fade to nothingness. Priceless…!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shQ1sn9nETk David figured it out or was privi to …
I agree on the BS. Of course, the 2 republics breaking away was anticipated. And I have to wonder again about the Deputy PM of Canada, Chrystia Freeland, who is Ukrainian-Canadian. As I said before, she’s the “Victoria Nuland” of Canada. She is double-hatted as Finance Minister. She is using the trucker convoy excuse, and the subsequent Emergencies Act declaration on Feb 14, in order to permanently change banking, to be able to freeze bank accounts of political opponents at will, and to try to regulate Bitcoin. I have to wonder how many Millions of dollars will be stolen and then sent on to her buddies in the Ukraine? Btw, I saw a tip that dual citizens with money in Canadian banks are getting it out, now that Canadian banks are deemed unsafe.
Let’s be careful here. We don’t want to get a food war going in the middle of a shooting war and Trump doing his grand opening of his new social media, ripped off from Twitter, but is is…ahhhhh, not really opening due to some ‘technical difficulties’. 🙂
Get a gas burner, run it on propane butane in a bottle if need be, a 60cm x 50cm x 5 mm piece of rolled steel to put on top of the burner so as to make a hotplate. Weld it up into a unit if need be. Take it out on the patio, no need for digestors. Grill your meat on that, and your onions too, not in a pan. Flip it with a masons spatula. Dont suffocate it under a lid. Old school Milk Bar style, with a malt/chocolate milk shake chaser. Nothing like it today, its either 2 all beef plastic patties, special sauce, lettuce cheese pikles and onions on a sesame seed bun crap of pretent haute cuisine cordon bleu which just doesnt cut it. Milk bars all closed up, even fish n chip shops now are snobbish and serve Barramundy instead of Flake. What a crappy cruel world it has become…
but I am done in 10 minutes
two hours for you
i am doing lunch
i also have your setup…problem here is the high today is 21 degrees…Fahrenheit
Velveeta? Foodie? My son the chef would raise an eyebrow at that one. Or just a head shake. Different folks etc. But, some people think that Canola Oil is real food.
Velveeta is the ‘go to’ cheese for Triple D folks. Only tourists use udder stuff…unless they are using mushrooms…or are eatin’ chikin.
Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
Does your son have a michelin star? A texaco star?
Johnson & Wales and Charleston SC. I don’t think he ever ran into Guy although I saw the pig portion master himself in a fake Diner in (unnamed) NJ crowing about their slop. Different folks for sure. Like politics, food is an acquired taste.
When grilling meat products, don’t char the meat. Doing so creates advanced glycation end products. The healthiest, but not necessarily tastiest, way to cook meat is slow cook, like in a crock. Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) are proteins or lipids that become glycated as a result of exposure to sugars. They are a bio-marker implicated in aging and the development, or worsening, of many degenerative diseases, such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, chronic kidney disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Comments are closed.